Mighty Oaks Dominate at the Morrisville Invitational
Both men's and women's teams win team titles
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams both placed first overall in the inaugural Morrisville Invitational.
The 8K race featured 13 schools and more than 100 runners.
In the women's race, junior Marissa Lathrop placed second overall with a time of 25:28. Six of her teammates would also finish in the top ten. Freshman Erin Cocca (fourth - 26:11), senior Laura Wengert (fifth - 26:13), junior Erin Cuddihy (seventh - 26:18), freshman Emily Booth (ninth - 26:29) and sophomore Eden Zickler (10th - 26:33). The women's team dominated the team results, scoring 26 points overall with Cazenovia College in a distant second with 96 overall points.
In cross country the top five finishers from each team are scored and their finishing places are added up for the team score. The lowest score wins.
In the men's race, freshman Mark McClenahan had another strong performance finishing in second place overall with a time of 28:09 and a scorching 5:40 mile pace. McClenahan's freshman teammate Tom Keenan placed third overall with a time of 29:06. Junior Ethan Appelgren (sixth - 29:29) and sophomore Devin Murphy (10th - 29:50) also finished in the top 10. The Mighty Oaks finished in first place overall while Penn College finished second and Cobleskill in third to round off the top three overall teams.
Both teams are off for the next two weekends. They will compete at the Mike Woods Invitational held at SUNY Geneseo Sept. 30.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
- ESF’s Board of Trustees to Meet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210