Money Magazine Ranks ESF among ‘Best Colleges for Your Money’ Graduation rate, alumni success among factors considered7/19/2017SHARE:
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is listed among the top "100 Best Colleges for Your Money 2017," according to Money magazine.
ESF ranks No. 70, putting the college in the top 10 percent of top-performing colleges that were analyzed.
"…ESF is focused on environmental education and sustainability, and its green campus initiative aims to make the campus entirely carbon neutral," Money states. ESF is cited for having a six-year graduation rate that is "noticeably above average when compared to universities with similar student demographics."
Money also offers quotes from what students are saying on Niche.com, a website that analyzes dozens of public data sets and millions of reviews to produce comprehensive rankings, report cards, and profiles for every K-12 school, college, and neighborhood in the U.S.:
- "The education at this school is top notch. When employers hear that someone has an ESF degree, they know that they're very qualified for a position in the scientific field."
- "Professors are brilliant….ESF is definitely the best undergraduate college for environmental science and forestry in the coterminous United States."
- "Students are held to higher standards than at many other institutions. I have been offered internships specifically because my education is happening at ESF."
Because college is the second-largest financial expenditure for many families, Money drew on research and advice from dozens of the nation's top experts on education quality, financing, and value to develop a new, uniquely practical analysis of more than 700 of the nation's best-performing colleges. MONEY ranks colleges based on 27 measures of educational quality, affordability, and alumni success. In each category, the magazine used at least one "value-added" measure, which reveals a school's performance after subtracting the impact of its average student's test scores and percentage of low-income students.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210