ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario Diane Kuehn joins International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board7/20/2018SHARE:
A faculty member from the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the board that oversees regulation of Lake Ontario outflows into the St. Lawrence River.
Dr. Diane Kuehn, associate professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management, was appointed to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board June 1. The board reports to the International Joint Commission (IJC), the binational treaty organization established by the United States and Canada to cooperatively manage shared water resources and prevent and resolve disputes over transboundary waters.
A long-time resident of New York's eastern Lake Ontario region, Kuehn worked for 12 years as a Great Lakes coastal tourism specialist for New York Sea Grant before joining the ESF faculty in 2001. At ESF she continues to work on Great Lakes tourism issues, focusing much of her research on Lake Ontario angler studies and coastal business owner surveys.
"The IJC is very happy to welcome Dr. Kuehn to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board and is looking forward to taking advantage of her extensive knowledge of coastal recreation and tourism, as well as her long-standing connections with Lake Ontario coastal communities," said Lana Pollack, IJC's U.S. chair.
Recent ESF News
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Student Organizations, Leaders Recognized
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210