ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario Diane Kuehn joins International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board7/20/2018SHARE:
A faculty member from the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) was appointed to the board that oversees regulation of Lake Ontario outflows into the St. Lawrence River.
Dr. Diane Kuehn, associate professor in the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management, was appointed to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board June 1. The board reports to the International Joint Commission (IJC), the binational treaty organization established by the United States and Canada to cooperatively manage shared water resources and prevent and resolve disputes over transboundary waters.
A long-time resident of New York's eastern Lake Ontario region, Kuehn worked for 12 years as a Great Lakes coastal tourism specialist for New York Sea Grant before joining the ESF faculty in 2001. At ESF she continues to work on Great Lakes tourism issues, focusing much of her research on Lake Ontario angler studies and coastal business owner surveys.
"The IJC is very happy to welcome Dr. Kuehn to the International Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Board and is looking forward to taking advantage of her extensive knowledge of coastal recreation and tourism, as well as her long-standing connections with Lake Ontario coastal communities," said Lana Pollack, IJC's U.S. chair.
Recent ESF News
- On the Land, One-quarter of Vertebrates Die Because of Humans
- Fulbright Scholar Picks ESF for Study of Genetic Engineering Technique
- ESF Launches Its First Online Bachelor’s Degree
- ESF Power Plant Saves Money and Reduces Carbon Footprint
- ESF Students Return to PR to Help with Continuing Relief Efforts
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210