Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award Cited for dedication to students, professionalism7/23/2018SHARE:
Dr. John Wagner, professor at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), received the 2018 ESF College Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching.
A member of the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management faculty since 1994, Wagner focuses his teaching on economics and its relationship to forestry. He has developed field labs in support of learning and his unique approach to field-based teaching drew the attention of the Society of American Foresters. Wagner encourages critical thinking, problem solving and collaborative learning among his students.
The award recognizes Wagner's dedication to his students' success as he hones his lectures to better connect with them without losing the enthusiasm and optimism that are hallmarks of his classroom.
The Foundation Award was established in 1999 to celebrate the accomplishments of ESF faculty members who have achieved excellence in their teaching responsibilities.
Recent ESF News
- Studies: Transgenic American Chestnut Trees Show No Ill Effects on Seeds, Fungi or Larval Frogs
- Advice to Graduates: Live with Heart, Kindness, Passion
- ESF to Celebrate December Commencement
- ESF Students Ride to Ribbons in Horse Show
- Kimmerer Portrait Featured in 'Americans Who Tell the Truth' Display
- ‘Old-Fashioned Fieldwork’ Puts New Frog Species on the Map
- ESF Participates in Remembrance for Lost Species
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210