National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma Event is free and open to the public10/8/2018SHARE:
National Geographic Live, National Geographic's touring speaker series, and the College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) will host "Beauty and the Bizarre" with Anand Varma, a National Geographic Emerging Explorer and science photographer, on the ESF campus Tuesday, Oct. 9.
The event is sponsored by the ESF Randolph G. Pack Institute, the Department of Environmental Studies and the Digital Storytelling Studio. It will take place at 7 p.m. in the Gateway Center.
Varma is a science photographer who works to tell the story behind the science of everything, from primate behavior and hummingbird biomechanics to amphibian disease and forest ecology.
Varma started photographing natural history subjects while studying integrative biology at UC Berkeley and spent several years assisting other photographers before receiving a National Geographic Young Explorer grant to document the wetlands of Patagonia. He has since become a regular contributor to National Geographic as well as a National Geographic Emerging Explorer.
National Geographic Live is the live events division of National Geographic. With a broad roster of talent including renowned photographers, scientists, authors, filmmakers and adventurers,National Geographic Live's critically acclaimed programs have connected with audiences worldwide for over a century. Currently,National Geographic Live events are held in a variety of cities around the world, including, Seattle, Tampa, Los Angeles, and Calgary. In each of these cities, speakers share behind-the-scenes stories from the front lines of exploration onstage alongside stunning imagery and gripping footage.
Recent ESF News
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- ESF Center for CCDR Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210