Oakie Enters Round 2 of Mascot Madness ESF's acorn hopes to tame SUNY Poly wildcat 3/26/2019SHARE:
Having extinguished OCC's Blaze in the first round of Mascot Madness, Oakie is facing SUNY Poly's Walter T. Wildcat in Round 2 of the annual SUNY contest.
Walter is known as a fierce competitor and predator and is hungry having never tasted victory before. The wildcat has a strong social media presence and vote-happy backers. For the Mascot Madness updates and perhaps some great student-created memes, be sure to follow Oakie on Instagram at oakie_acorn, Twitter @ESFOakie and Facebook @ESFOakieAcorn .
According to SUNY officials, more than 20,000 votes were cast across the bracket with "crazy upsets and voting swings" in Round 1. Two-time champ and Oakie's frenemy Victor E. Knight was knocked out by Tripp the Thunderwolf from Niagara County Community College. Stony Brook's Wolfie met defeat at the hands of Dutchess Community College' Falco the Falcon.
It appears the community colleges are out for blood - or stuffing - depending on what your mascot is made of. Voting closes Friday, March 28 at 3 p.m. You can vote once every 12 hours HERE. Be sure to use every and any email you have. Vote for Oakie!
Recent ESF News
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210