Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award Marissa Lathrop to receive prestigious honor4/2/2019SHARE:
Marissa Lathrop has been selected as a 2019 recipient of the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
Lathrop is a senior majoring in environmental education and interpretation with a minor in writing and rhetoric. She has been active on campus including serving as the assistant coordinator of the Public Speaking Lab, a lab assistant, a Student Ambassador, a member of the Student Environmental Education Coalition, and a member of the women's cross country and track and field teams. She served as women's cross-country team captain her junior and senior years and holds every ESF distance record. She was recognized for her excellence as both a student and a student-athlete when she was named a National All-American as a runner and a National All-Academic for having earned a 3.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
The Chancellor's Award acknowledges graduating students who have best demonstrated, and have been recognized for, the integration of academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include leadership, campus involvement, community service, arts (creative or performing), athletics, and/or career achievement. This is the highest honor a student can receive from SUNY. Recipients will be honored at a reception hosted by Chancellor Kristina M. Johnson later this month.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Brings Science to the New York State Fair
- ESF Welcomes First-year and Transfer Students
- ESF Named a Top Green College by Princeton Review
- Governor Appoints New Trustees to ESF Board
- ESF Represented at Bioeconomy Conference
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Funding to Five Projects
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Student Among Delegation Attending Committee on World Food Security
- Community Invited to ESF to Share Ideas About Future of Erie Canal
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210