Student Honored with Chancellor’s Award Marissa Lathrop to receive prestigious honor4/2/2019SHARE:
Marissa Lathrop has been selected as a 2019 recipient of the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence.
Lathrop is a senior majoring in environmental education and interpretation with a minor in writing and rhetoric. She has been active on campus including serving as the assistant coordinator of the Public Speaking Lab, a lab assistant, a Student Ambassador, a member of the Student Environmental Education Coalition, and a member of the women's cross country and track and field teams. She served as women's cross-country team captain her junior and senior years and holds every ESF distance record. She was recognized for her excellence as both a student and a student-athlete when she was named a National All-American as a runner and a National All-Academic for having earned a 3.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
The Chancellor's Award acknowledges graduating students who have best demonstrated, and have been recognized for, the integration of academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include leadership, campus involvement, community service, arts (creative or performing), athletics, and/or career achievement. This is the highest honor a student can receive from SUNY. Recipients will be honored at a reception hosted by Chancellor Kristina M. Johnson later this month.
Recent ESF News
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Scientist Helps Locate Wolf That Died on Isle Royale
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210