State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’ Dale Bryk presentation April 23 highlights Earth Week at ESF4/19/2019SHARE:
Dale Bryk, New York state deputy secretary for energy and environment, will speak at 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 23, at the Gateway Center on the campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF).
Her topic is "Realizing the Green New Deal."
Bryk serves as Governor Andrew Cuomo's senior policy advisor. She oversees New York's nation-leading clean energy and environmental agenda and directs the agencies and authorities responsible for developing and implementing the state policies and initiatives needed to build a sustainable clean-energy economy and combat climate change, such as the Green New Deal, the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative and the New York Green Bank.
Prior to this role, Bryk served in a variety of positions at the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), including chief planning officer, director of programs, and director of the Energy and Transportation Program. Throughout her 21 years at NRDC, she worked to develop and implement climate, energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean transportation policies. From 2002 to 2010, she also taught the Environmental Law Clinic at Yale Law School. Before joining NRDC, she practiced corporate law in New York. She holds a bachelor's degree from Colgate University, a master's from the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University and a J.D. from Harvard Law School. She is based in New York City.
Her appearance at ESF is part of the college's Earth Week festivities.
Recent ESF News
- Cuomo Announces Initiative to Reimagine Erie Canal as Catalyst for Economic Development, Resiliency
- ESF Employees Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair Presented with Exemplary Research Award
- ESF Student Designed Bridge Judged Most Innovative
- ESF College Foundation Honors Daley with Teaching Award
- 2019 Commencement: 'You Are My Family,' Student Speaker Says
- Students Recognize Contributions of Staff, Faculty
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- ESF to Honor Dr. Bernard Amadei with Honorary Degree
- ESF Student Completes First Year of Leadership Training in Bioeconomy
- Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year
- State Energy Official to Speak on ‘Green New Deal’
- ESF-SU Team Scores Win in DOE Solar Decathlon
- Clarkson, ESF to Partner in New Center of Excellence
- Johnston Appointed Interim Open Academy Director
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210