Patrick Jackson Honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year Award is presented at ESF-hosted NY State Green Building Conference4/26/2019SHARE:
Patrick Jackson, director of the Global Energy Management program (GEM) at Corning Incorporated, received the Green Building Advocate of the Year award at the 2019 New York State Green Building Conference.
The conference, held April 17 and 18 at the Marriott Downtown in Syracuse, New York,is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the US Green Building Council New York Upstate and the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems.".
Jackson was credited with helping to improve companywide energy productivity by 35 percent since 2006, specifically:
- Cutting greenhouse gas emissions by more than 2.3 million metric tons, equivalent to the carbon dioxide emissions from nearly 250,000 homes in the U.S. over a one-year period
- Investing in renewable energy, including constructing a solar array at its plant in Oneonta, New York, and at two facilities in Taiwan
- Joining Apple's China Clean Energy Fund
- Launching an Employee Community Solar Program, in which employees can source portions of their home's electricity from community solar fields
- Achieving ENERGY STAR' Challenge for Industry at 20 global manufacturing plants since 2015
- Reducing energy intensity at its optical fiber and cable plants by 50 percent
- Providing high-tech equipment to help combat harmful algal blooms (HABs) in the Finger Lakes region of New York and sponsoring an annual community meeting to educate the public on the impact of HABs
- Surpassing half a billion dollars in energy savings for the company since 2006
Jackson and his team were recently awarded a sixth straight ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award, this year for Sustained Excellence
"It's about collaborating and sharing ideas with other world leaders in energy management," Jackson said when that award was presented. "Communication is the cornerstone of success, and sharing such best practices can help make our world a better and cleaner place."
The Advocate of the Year award is presented by the New York State Green Building Conference Advisory Council to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Recent ESF News
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
- ESF Opens Food Pantry for Students
- ESF among Sierra Magazine’s 2019 Top ‘Cool Schools’
- ESF, Syracuse University Announce Renewed Academic, Research-Based Partnership
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2019 Sustainable Campus Index
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210