ESF Postpones Spring 2020 Commencement 3/31/2020SHARE:
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) announced it will reschedule its spring 2020 commencement for its Syracuse campus in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
An exact date for the celebration of student achievement has not been determined, although there are several options under discussion, according to campus leadership.
"We are extremely disappointed to have to make this decision," Interim President David Amberg wrote in a message to students. "Graduation ceremonies are the culmination of years of hard work, accomplishments, and mark what is arguably the most important milestone in our many of our students' lives."
Senior and graduate students who have fulfilled the requirements for graduation will receive their diplomas by mail, as is usually done.
"Commencement is a cherished tradition that I and our faculty look forward to," wrote Amberg. "We will do everything we can to give you and your families and the opportunity to celebrate your hard-earned success as soon as it can be done safely."
Recent ESF News
- Promoting a contagion of gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
- ESF to Hold Online Commencement
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Are Fishers in the North Country on the Decline?
- ESF-SU Solar Decathlon Team Earns Honorable Mention in National Competition
- Mighty Oaks Coaches on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Fight
- City and County Proclaim 4/22 SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Open Homework Hotline for Grades K-12
- Every Day is Earth Day at ESF No Matter Where the Students Are
- Ranger School Students Complete Residential Program and Graduate
- Deep Dive for Big Results
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210