Campus Update: Plans for returning to campus for fall 2020 semester - Self-Quarantine requirements 8/4/2020SHARE:
Following up on one of the questions from the recent Graduate Student Town Hall Meeting, I'd like to communicate as clearly as possible everyone's need to comply with NY State's recently developed requirement to self-quarantine when returning to campus from specific COVID-19 impacted out-of-state locations. The specific NY Health Department - COVID-19 Travel Advisory can be found here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
- Students from impacted states must comply with the state travel advisory before ESF or Syracuse University can grant any campus privileges or campus access.
- Impacted students should arrive in New York state at least 14 days prior to the start of classes. Some students may need to arrive earlier, if special circumstances require you to access campus prior to Aug. 24.
- Syracuse University is engaging local neighborhood landlords to request their support to amend leases and rental agreements to accommodate impacted students. Students may also choose to self-quarantine at another location in New York state. These students must also provide ESF with evidence of compliance prior to gaining access to campus (the week of Aug. 24).
- For students from impacted states, please note: if you choose to complete your quarantine in a non-travel advisory state, be advised you may be required to provide evidence to New York State that you did in fact complete the required quarantine. Shortly, we will share additional information related to resources that may be available to support all students impacted by the quarantine requirement, to include instances of financial hardship.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding,
S. Scott Shannon
Associate Provost for Instruction & Dean of the Graduate School
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
227 Bray Hall - 1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, New York 13210
Recent ESF News
- Landscape Architecture Students Activate ESF Quad
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
- Grant funds New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Hazardous Air Pollutant Exposure Linked as Contributing Factor to COVID-19 Mortality in the United States
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- Forest Carbon Sink Neutralized By Pervasive Growth-Lifespan Trade-offs
- Researchers Investigating a Renewable Solvent for Biofuel Production
- Prof J. Scott Turner Receives Fulbright U.S. Scholar Award to Namibia for Building Effective Online Educational Media
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Ph.D. Student Jenny Frank Featured Presenter on Biodiesel
- ESF’s Landscape Architecture Department Moves Downtown
- ESF Researchers at Forefront of SARS-CoV2 Monitoring
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210