You can put a little extra “green” in your wallet---by using energy more efficiently and by conserving where appropriate! By trying some of the “tricks ” described in the following web sites---some easy, some involved--- you’ll not only be saving money, you’ll be cutting your consumption of gas and elecricity, and reducing the amount of pollution in the air.
The list of links was compiled by ESF's Department of Environmental Studies.
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA)
- US Department of Energy and the US Environmental Protection Agency
Information on efficiency of gasoline and hybrid cars.
- The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
The Council is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing energy efficiency as a means of promoting both economic prosperity and environmental protection.
- The Northeast Sustainable Energy Association (NESEA)
- Home Energy Magazine
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Energy Star
The site offers businesses and consumers energy efficient solutions for homes, businesses, schools, and congregations. It also offers information on energy-efficient products and homes, and home improvement tips.
- Energy Savers
Energy Savers offers tips on saving energy and money at home.
- US Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
- The Alliance to Save Energy