106 Marshall Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
- M.S., Natural Resources Management, SUNY-ESF, 1995
- B.A., French, Education, University of Washington, Seattle, 1967
- Integrating simulation modeling and GIS for studying the interaction of humans and their environment
- Natural resources management
- Issues of sustainable development
- Graphic information visualization
- Foreign language communication
Hall, M., R. Germain, M. Tyrell, and N. Sampson. 2008. "Predicting Future Water Quality from Land Use Change Projections in the Catskill-Delaware Watersheds." New York State Department of Environmental Conservation study.
Tyrrell, M., M. Hall, and others, Highlands Regional Study: Connecticut and Pennsylvania 2010 Update, USDA Forest Service Study.
- Murphy, D. J., M. H. Hall, C. A. S. Hall, G. Heisler, S. Stehman, and C. Anselmi-Molina. 2010. "The Relation Between Land-cover and the Urban Heat Island in Northeastern Puerto Rico," International Journal of Climatology. Published online, April 19.
- Echeverria, C., D. Coomes, M. Hall, and A. Newton. 2008. "The Application of GIS-based Modeling Techniques To Analyze the Patterns of Forest Loss and Fragmentation between 1976 and 2020 in Southern Chile," Ecological Modeling, Vol. 212:439-449.
- Brown, S., M. Hall, K. Andrasko, F. Ruiz, W. Marzoli, G. Guerrero, O. Masera, A. Dushku, B. DeJong, and J. Cornell. 2007. "Baselines for land-use change in the tropics: Application to avoided deforestation projects," Adaptation and Mitigation Strategies for Global Change 6:1001-1026.
- Hong, B., K.E. Limburg, M. Hall, and J.D. Erickson. 2007. "Scenario Analysis of Economy-Ecology Interactions in the Hudson River Basin," Journal of Ecological Economics of Sustainable Watershed Management: Advances in the Economics of Environmental Resources 7:103-118.
- Hall, M., A. Dushku, and S. Brown. 2007. "Scale Issues in Developing a Deforestation Baseline for the Region of the Noel Kempff Mercado Climate Action Project, Bolivia." In Making Development Work: Scientific Alternatives to Neoclassical Economic Theory, eds. G. LeClerc and C.A.S. Hall. Albuquerque, NM: University of New Mexico Press.
- Hall, M.H., and D.B. Fagre. 2003. "Modeled Climate-Induced Glacier Change in Glacier National Park, 1850- 2100," Bioscience 53: 131-140 (cover article).
- Hall, M., C.A.S. Hall, and M.R. Taylor. 2000. "Geographical Modeling: The Synthesis of GIS and Simulation Modeling". Pp. 177-202 in Quantifying Sustainable Development, The Future of Tropical Economies, ed. C.A.S. Hall. San Diego: Academic Press.
Current Graduate Students
- Seth Myers (Environmental Forest Biology), "Land Use Change, Environmental Impacts, Uncertainty Analysis: Connecticut and Pennsylvania Highlands, and the New York City Watershed" (co-MP)
- Ning Sun (Environmental Science), "Urban Stormwater Runoff Modeling" (co-MP)
- Liyang Shao (Environmental Science), "Spatial Distribution and Statistical Analysis of Lead and Childrens' Blood Lead Levels in Syracuse, NY, and Socio-Demographic Variables" (co-MP)
- Mariana Nava, Environmental Science (co-MP)
- Cesar Perez (Environmental Science)
- Lori Cornell (Environmental Science) "Studying the relationship between land use change and hydrology in the heavily urbanized Rio Piedras watershed of San Juan, Puerto Rico."
- Catherine Foley (Environmental Science) "Assessing knowledge, perceptions, and behavior toward Green Infrastructure in Syracuse, NY."
- Ruiqi Li (Environmental Studies) "Urban energy flow and conservation."
Ecological Society of America
- Section on Urban Ecosystem Ecology
- Association of American Geographers
- International Society for Ecological Economics