Pack Experimental Forest
In 1923, Charles Lathrop Pack purchased the area of some 964 acres embracing Barber's Point and adjacent lands on Cranberry Lake for the use by the College. The forest is isolated by the absence of roads and can be accessed only by boat. The surrounding forestland is designated as "forever wild" and "wilderness" by the Adirondack Park Agency. Since 1915, the Cranberry Lake Biological Station at Pack Experimental Forest has been used for summer field courses in forestry and environmental forest biology and for research use by students, faculty, and researchers. For more information, visit the summer courses at Cranberry Lake Biological Station.