The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the mission of the college and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relations is an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Wondering About Climate Change?
Read: Climate Change Is Complex. We’ve Got Answers to Your Questions. (New York Times)
Follow NYS Politics at:
Events of Note
- Senator Schumer, ESF Officials Support Northern Forest Research Initiative
- Community invited to participate in Westcott Nation research project
- ESF, Clarkson University Name Co-Directors of Center of Excellence on Healthy Water Solutions
- ‘Transformational’ Gift from Templeton Foundation Supports Chestnut Restoration
- Spectrum News: New ESF Center Looks To Push for Cleaner Water
- WAER: SUNY ESF And Clarkson University Partnership To Focus On Threats To State Water Resources
- News Channel 9: Healthy water solutions showcased at SUNY ESF
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- New York Ag Connection: ESF to Host Travel Summit, Explore Welcoming Communities
- New York Upstate: Here comes peak season for toxic algae in Upstate NY
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932