The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the mission of the college and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relations is an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Wondering About Climate Change?
Read: Climate Change Is Complex. We’ve Got Answers to Your Questions. (New York Times)
Follow NYS Politics at:
Events of Note
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- Daily Orange: Syracuse community gathers downtown at Indigenous Peoples Celebration
- Retrofit Magazine: ASLA Recognizes Student Award Winners During National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Eagle News: CAVAC CORNER: Volunteer Spotlight – Paul Manion
- GoErie: Why are trees being cleared from I-79 median near McKean?
- Livingston County News: Woods & Waters: Elk restoration unlikely in New York
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- Waste not, want not
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932