The ESF Office of Government Relations links the College with the community, elected officials, and agencies to communicate the challenges and opportunities facing ESF, our academic and research areas, and higher education. We work to develop relationships with those who have an opportunity to affect our future and fulfill our vision of “a better world through environmental discovery.”
Government Relations focuses its efforts on developing relationships with federal, state, and local governments in order to secure support for institutional initiatives and individual research projects consistent with the mission of the college and priorities. The office looks to assist faculty in receiving funding for projects as well economic development opportunities for the city, state and region. The Office of Government Relations is an office residing within the College President’s Office and is located in Bray Hall.
Wondering About Climate Change?
Read: Climate Change Is Complex. We’ve Got Answers to Your Questions. (New York Times)
Follow NYS Politics at:
Events of Note
- Governor Announces Partnerships with SUNY Schools to Reduce Waste, Improve Recycling Across State
- ESF Faculty/Trustee Appointed to New York State Climate Action Council Advisory Panels
- Leaders Step Forward to Assume Interim Roles
- Alliance for Science: USDA to decide fate of American chestnut restoration
- University Scientists Selected to Implement COVID-19 Early Warning System in Upstate New York
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Joanne Mahoney to Co-chair IWBI COVID-19 Task Force
- ESF is First College in New York to Sign Plastic Ban Pledge
- Senator Schumer, ESF Officials Support Northern Forest Research Initiative
- Community invited to participate in Westcott Nation research project
Maureen O'Neill Fellows, Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives and Government Relations
State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry
One Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Voice: (315) 470-6621
Cell: (315) 530-2226
Fax: (315) 470-6932