Fly Fishing at SUNY-ESF
The TroutBums have built a reputation for service work in Central New York and have organized various fishing expeditions throughout New York.
Club meetings are held biweekly on Wednesdays at 6 pm in Baker 145.
Our Goals Are:
- To strengthen our relationships with members of the CNY community.
- To continue to work for the care and preservation of the local waterways which make this region unique.
- To share our knowledge the sport of fly fishing as well at the etiquette that should accompany it.
- To improve our knowledge and awareness of our local waters.
In December of 2010 the TroutBums were awarded the President's Award for Service at SUNY-ESF
Current and Upcoming Projects Include:
- Stream cleanups and restoration
- We have helped with cleanups and restoration on Limestone Creek, Onondaga Creek, Butternut Creek, Furnace Brook, and the Salmon River
- Fishing trips to
- The Salmon River
- 18 Mile Creek
- Limestone, Butternut, Chittenango, and Nine Mile Creeks (Syracuse Area)
- Design contest and tshirt/sweatshirt sales
- Club BBQs
- TGIF and Insomniac Events
- Fall and spring club fishing trips
Organizations we have partnered with:
- Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery
- Friends of Carpenter's Brook Fish Hatchery
- Trout Unlimited Iroquois Chapter
- Women in Nature
President: Serena Kucera
Vice President: Mitch Hull
Secretary: Macallan Durkin
Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator: Macallan Durkin
Treasurer: Ryan Mackerer
USA Representative: Ryan Shaw
Dr. John Wagner