Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician Certification
Green Production Module
July 25 - August 12, 2016
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician (CPT) Certificate Online Course
The Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) Certified Production Technician (CPT) Green Production Certificate Online Course
This industry-recognized, nationally portable credential is preparing individuals to succeed in Advanced Manufacturing. The MSSC Certified Production Technician Green Production Certificate is awarded to individuals who pass the assessment on the last day of instruction.
Benefits of the MSSC Certified Production Technician Green Production Certification
Today, more companies are redesigning their processes in order to use their resources more efficiently, increase productivity and reduce waste.
MSSC is aware of this new direction and offers its fifth module in the well-established Certified Production Technician (CPT) national certification system. GPM applies to all frontline production workers in all sectors of manufacturing. The eligible population for the GPM Certificate expands far beyond just workers in green product sites (e.g., wind, solar equipment producers).
Green Production is defined as workplace activities across all industries within the manufacturing sector that require the use of equipment, technologies, and processes that will improve the environmental performance of manufacturing companies.
This module is based on industry-defined, nationally validated national skill standards and includes a comprehensive set of system tools: curriculum, e-learning, instructor certification training, a national registry, assessments, and credentialing.
Additional benefits to students and workers include
- Employers, who need higher skills front-line workers to enhance sustainability, increase energy efficiency, conserve resources and reduce regulatory costs
- Students and workers who want to enhance their skills and earn nationally portable credentials in this area of growing importance
- Educators looking for quality instructional materials related to “Green Production”
What People are Saying about Certified Production Technician (CPT) Training:
- "It was beneficial for my Supervisors and they all gained from the experience. (We) have a few (more) Supervisors ... interested in this upcoming session."
-Mark S., Huhtamaki
Individuals demonstrate their understanding of the core skills and knowledge through an assessment based upon MSSC's industry-defined, nationally validated skill standards at the conclusion of each module. Delivered online, the assessment contains about 80-90 multiple-choice questions (paper versions are available in special circumstances). Individuals are allowed 90 minutes to complete the assessment. MSSC provides assessment scores as soon as the individual completes the assessment showing whether an individual met the “cut” scores for passing. This immediate feedback includes a diagnostic report for the individual showing how he or she scored on the key work activities. This information is intended for self-improvement and is provided to all test-takers whether they pass or not. The assessments will take place at Onondaga Community College at no cost to the participant.
- If the assessment is not passed on the first attempt the individual must wait 15 calendar days before retaking the assessment. If the individual does not pass a second time, he or she must wait another 15 calendar days. If the individual does not pass the third time, he or she must wait 60 calendar days before taking the assessment again.
- There will be a cost associated with assessment retakes.
- MSSC strongly recommends that individuals be at a 8th-grade math and 10th-grade reading level.
For more information about MSSC's Green Production module, please Click Here.
Individuals who pass the assessment will receive a CPT: Green Production certificate.
The current CPT Green Production Module program schedule is listed at the top of this page. The training and certification will be provided by MACNY (The Manufacturers Association of Central New York). The training is a blended learning format – predominantly online with instructor-led webinars.
The Green Production module will have live webinar sessions that will also be available at a later time in archival format, for those who are unable to attend the live session. An assessment test will be held on the last day of each module at Onondaga Community College at no cost to the participant.
Green Production Module = FREE! (note that this module covers greening of the production process, not the production of green products.
- To begin the registration process, click HERE.
Each student will receive the following:
- Registration to the CPT program
- Access to all e-learning modules
- Access to all online assessments at MSSC designated testing sites
This project is funded, in part, by a U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration H-1B Technical Skills Training Grant, Enhancing American Jobs and Global Competitiveness: A Collaborative Initiative in Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing.
The SUNY-ESF Radiation Curing Program is an equal opportunity program and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. This project adheres to the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA).