Papers Addressing Uncertainty in Ecosystem Budgets
You can improve the QUEST Bibliography by adding papers using this Google Form. You will need to identify the sources of uncertainty and methods of quantifying them. If you find errors in our database, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for list of papers searchable by sources of uncertainty addressed and methods to quantify them. *****WORK IN PROGRESS*****
- Cebrian. 2004. Role of first-order consumers in ecosystem carbon flow. In Ecology Letters.
- Cebrian and Lartigue. 2004. Patterns of herbivory and decomposition in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. In Ecological Monographs.
- Johnson, J., J. Aherne, and T. Cummins. 2015.
- Laclau et al. 2005. Nutrient cycling in a clonal stand of Eucalyptus and an adjacent savanna ecosystem in Congo: 3. Input–output budgets and consequences for the sustainability of the plantations. In Forest Ecology and Management.
- Lehrter and Cebrian. 2010. Uncertainty propagation in an ecosystem nutrient budget. In Ecological Applications. (PDF)
- Levine, C.R., R.D. Yanai, G.G. Lampman, D.A. Burns, C.T. Driscoll, G.B. Lawrence, J.A. Lynch, and N. Schoch. 2014. Evaluating the efficiency of environmental monitoring programs. Ecological Indicators. 39: 94-101. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2013.12.010 PDF| HTML
- Mishra. 2009. Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis techniques for hydrologic modeling. In Journal of Hydroinformatics.
- Peters et al. 2006. Water and solute mass balance of five small, relatively undisturbed watersheds in the U.S. In Science of the Total Environment. (PDF)
- Shirmohammadi, A., I. Chaubey, R. D. Harmel, D. D. Bosch, R. Muñoz-Carpena, C. Dharmasri, A. Sexton, M. Arabi, M. L. Wolfe, J. Frankenberger, C. Graff, T. M. Sohrabi. 2006. Uncertainty in TMDL (Total Maximum Daily Load) Models. In Transactions of the ASABE
- Tomaszewski, T., R.L. Boyce, and H. Sievering. 2003. Canopy uptake of atmospheric nitrogen and new growth nitrogen requirements at a Colorado subalpine forest. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 33:2211-2227. The authors estimated the contribution of canopy nitrogen uptake (CNU) to the N budget in the spruce-fir-pine forest at Niwot Ridge. They had uncertainties associated with each input of N into the forest to estimate the uncertainty of CNU and the uncertainty of foliar N requirements to finally calculate the fraction of N contributed by CNU.
- Yanai, R.D., C.R. Levine, M.B. Green, and J.L. Campbell. 2012. Quantifying uncertainty in forest nutrient budgets. J. For. 110(8): 448-459 DOI: 10.5849/jof.11-087 | PDF