Papers Addressing Uncertainty in Climate and Precipitation
You can improve the QUEST Bibliography by adding papers using this Google Form. You will need to identify the sources of uncertainty and methods of quantifying them. If you find errors in our database, please notify us at email@example.com.
- Click here for list of papers searchable by sources of uncertainty addressed and methods to quantify them. *****WORK IN PROGRESS*****
- Borga et al. 2006. Influence of errors in radar rainfall estimates on hydrological modeling prediction uncertainty. Water Resources Research
JA - Water Resour. Res. 42: W08409 DOI: 10.1029/2005WR004559
- Chebbi et al. 2011. Optimal Extension of Rain Gauge Monitoring Network for Rainfall Intensity and Erosivity Index Interpolation. In Journal of Hydrologic Engineering.
- Cheng et al. 2007. Rain-gauge network evaluation and augmentation using geostatistics. In Hydrological Processes.
- Daly, C., M.E. Slater, J.A. Roberti, S.H. Laseter, and L.W. Swift Jr. 2017. High-resolution precipitation mapping in a mountainous watershed: ground truth for evaluating uncertainty in a national precipitation dataset. International Journal of Climatology.
- Daly, C. 2006. Guidelines for assessing the suitability of spatial climate data sets. In the International Journal of Climatology 26: 707–721.
- Green, M.B, J.L. Campbell, R.D. Yanai, S.W. Bailey, A.S. Bailey, N. Grant, I. Halm, E.P. Kelsey, and L. E. Rustad. 2018. Downsizing a long-term precipitation network: using a quantitative approach to inform difficult decisions. PLOS On, doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0195966. PDF
- Kassim and Kottegoda. 1991. Rainfall network design through comparative Kriging methods. In Hydrological Sciences Journal.
- Morrissey et al. 1995. The Uncertainty of Simple Spatial Averages Using Rain Gauge Networks. In Water Resources Research.
- Ollinger et al. 1993. Modeling Physical and Chemical Climate of the Northeastern United States for a Geographic Information System. USDA FS.
- Papamichail and Metaxa. 1996. Geostatistical Analysis of Spatial Variability of Rainfall and Optimal Design of a Rain Gauge Network. In Water Resources Research.
- Pavia, EG. 2004. The uncertainty of climatological values. Geophysical Research Letters.
- Stoklosa, J., Daly, C., Foster, S.D., Ashcroft, M.B., Warton, D.I. 2014. A climate of uncertainty:accounting for error in climate variables for species distribution models. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. doi: 10.1111/2041-210X.12217
- Tsintikidis et al. 2002. Precipitation Uncertainty and Raingauge Network Design within Folsom Lake Watershed. In Journal of Hydrologic Engineering.