Quantifying uncertainty in ecosystem studies (QUEST). Ruth Yanai. University of Southampton Statistics Seminar, Southampton, England, May 25, 2018. Presentation
Quantifying uncertainty in ecosystem studies (QUEST). Ruth Yanai. Forest Research, Forestry Commission, Edinburgh, Scotland, May 21, 2018.
Quantifying uncertainty in ecosystem studies (QUEST). Ruth Yanai. Penn State seminar series on Energy and Nutrient Movement through Ecological Systems: An Ode to Odum, University Park, PA, November 13, 2017.
High-Resolution Precipitation Mapping in a Mountainous Watershed: Ground Truth for Evaluating Uncertainty in a National Precipitation Dataset. Christopher Daly, Oregon State Univ., Corvallis, OR; and M. E. Slater,J. A. Roberti, S. H. Laseter, and L. W. Swift Jr. 23rd Conference on Applied Climatology, American Meteorological Society, Asheville, NC, June 26-28, 2017. Audio
Quantifying uncertainty in ecosystem studies: why it’s worth facing our fears. Ruth Yanai. Lockwood Lecture. The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, CT, February 3, 2017. Audio
Quantifying uncertainy:An obligation or tool of discovery? Mark E. Harmon, Oregon State University,American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 12-16, 2016. PDF
Environmental Monitoring, Evaluation and Protection (EMEP) Conference: Linking Science and Policy, Albany, New York
Mark Green offered one of the presentations during Concurrent Session D: Alternative Tools and Approaches for Environmental Research, Monitoring, and Data, November 6 & 7, 2013, Albany, NY.
- Using our over-sampled environments to design efficient monitoring programs - Mark Green (Plymouth State University and U.S. Forest Service)watch and listen! (mwv) | PDF | Other conference presentations
Posters and Talks
- Posters at the North American Forest Soils Conference-International Symposium on Forest Soils, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada, June 10-16. 2018.
- Posters-Forest soil monitoring networks and enviornmental change: successes and challenges
- Poster at ESA Annual Meeting, August 7-12, 2016. Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Ruth Yanai's presentation during the Biological Weathering Symposium at the ASA, CSSA, SSSA Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, November 15-18, 2015.
- QUESToffered a poster in the "Forests Under a Changing Climate: Uncertainties, Carbon Management, and Adaptation" session oranized by CIRMOUNTat the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA, December 15-18, 2014.
- Poster at the ASA, CSSA, SSSA Annual Meeting, November 3-6, 2013, Tampa, FL
- Ruth Yanai's presentation at the Hubbard Brook Annual Cooperator's Meeting, July 11, 2013, Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, North Woodstock, NH
- Ruth Yanai's presentation at the COST Action FP0803, Belowground Carbon Turnover in European Forests, May 13-15, 2013, Bordeaux, France.
- Presentation from the ESA Annual Meeting, August 2011. Courtesy of Carrie Rose Levine.
- QUEST presentation given at the Hubbard Brook Cooperators Annual Meeting, West Thornton, NH (7 July 2011). Courtesy of Carrie Rose Levine.
- Craig See's presentation from 2012 LTER working group on atmospheric deposition
- QUEST presentation on uncertainty in the Hubbard Brook long-term streamflow record, given at 2011 ESA meeting, Austin, TX. Courtesy of Mark Green.
- Presentation given by Mary Beth Adams at the Interagency Conference on Research in the Watersheds, September 2011.
- Matt Petrie's presentation from 2012 LTER working group on atmospheric deposition
- Slides from QUEST workshop at the 2012 LTER All Scientists Meeting
- QUEST poster presented at the North American Forest Ecology Workshop, June 2011.
- Shannon Ladeau's presentation from 2012 LTER working group on atmospheric deposition
- Ruth Yanai's 2012 ASM poster on the signifigance of the missing nitrogen source at Hubbard Brook