Fall 2020 Restart / COVID-19 Updates
The ESF Fall 2020 Restart Plan was approved by SUNY and meets the New York State Department of Health's "Reopening New York Higher Education Guidelines."
The Restart plan will guide us as we welcome the Fall 2020 semester with on-campus operations, including a variety of approaches to academic learning. The plan remains subject to change due to new information, guidance and/or direction received from the State of New York and the Governor's Office.
ESF Campus Restart Plan (Updated 8/5/20)
ESF is committed to keeping the community informed about the status of COVID-19 as it relates to the College. The following information will be updated weekly.
Last updated September 22, 2020
Total Tests Administered on Campus
Current Total Active Cases
Contacts in Quarantine
Total Recovered Cases
Note: Quarantine is defined as potential exposure as determined by contact tracing. Active cases are those that have tested positive and are currently in isolation.
- Classes begin: August 24, Monday
- Last day to add a class: August 31, Monday
- Labor Day - classes in session: September 7, Monday
- Last day to drop a class: September 18, Friday
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a grade of W: October 23, Friday
- Advising for Spring 2021: October 26-November 3, Monday-Tuesday
- Registration for Spring 2021: November 4-December 9, Wednesday-Wednesday
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a grade of W or WF: November 20, Friday
- Last day of classes on campus: November 24, Tuesday
- Thanksgiving recess: November 25-29, Wednesday-Sunday
- Reading days (remote): November 30-December 2, Monday-Wednesday
- Final Exams (remote): December 3-4, Thursday-Friday
- Reading day (remote): December 5-6, Saturday-Sunday
- Final Exams (remote): December 7-9, Monday-Wednesday
- December Commencement: December 11, Friday
- Grades due: December 24, Thursday
Dear ESF Students,
SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras invites you to participate in SUNY's "Mask Up or Pack Up" campaign to "promote universal compliance with evidence-based COVID-19 safety guidelines across SUNY's 64 colleges and universities." You are invited to submit a video "urging your classmates to act responsibly and vigilantly to contain the virus and keep campuses safe and open."
Office of Communications
The full message
VIEW/READ ALL COVID-19 UPDATES