Fall 2020 Restart / COVID-19 Updates
The ESF Fall 2020 Restart Plan was approved by SUNY and meets the New York State Department of Health's "Reopening New York Higher Education Guidelines."
The Restart plan will guide us as we welcome the Fall 2020 semester with on-campus operations, including a variety of approaches to academic learning. The plan remains subject to change due to new information, guidance and/or direction received from the State of New York and the Governor's Office.
ESF Campus Restart Plan (Updated 8/5/20)
ESF is committed to keeping the community informed about the status of COVID-19 as it relates to the College. The following information will be updated weekly.
Last updated October 27, 2020
Total Tests Administered on Campus
Current Total Active Cases
Contacts in Quarantine
Total Recovered Cases
Note: Quarantine is defined as potential exposure as determined by contact tracing. Active cases are those that have tested positive and are currently in isolation.
- Classes begin: August 24, Monday
- Last day to add a class: August 31, Monday
- Labor Day - classes in session: September 7, Monday
- Last day to drop a class: September 18, Friday
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a grade of W: October 23, Friday
- Advising for Spring 2021: October 26-November 3, Monday-Tuesday
- Registration for Spring 2021: November 4-December 9, Wednesday-Wednesday
- Last day to withdraw from a class with a grade of W or WF: November 20, Friday
- Last day of classes on campus: November 24, Tuesday
- Thanksgiving recess: November 25-29, Wednesday-Sunday
- Reading days (remote): November 30-December 2, Monday-Wednesday
- Final Exams (remote): December 3-4, Thursday-Friday
- Reading day (remote): December 5-6, Saturday-Sunday
- Final Exams (remote): December 7-9, Monday-Wednesday
- December Commencement: December 11, Friday
- Grades due: December 24, Thursday
Dear ESF Community,
The College is committed to communicating all information that is necessary to keep our community safe. We must balance information sharing with the need for protecting the privacy and confidentiality of members of our community. To effectively balance these needs, moving forward, the latest confirmed information regarding COVID-19 will always be available on the College’s dashboard.
Regarding the college’s current status, our community is supporting one ESF student who has tested positive for the Coronavirus and is currently in isolation. Contact tracing has been conducted and additional testing for parties who may have been exposed (as determined by the Department of Health) is underway. ESF contact tracers continue to work in collaboration with the Onondaga County Department of Health to identify and reach out to any and all close contacts. Please know that all necessary precautions have been taken to protect the health and well-being and confidentiality of the student as well as any campus community member potentially affected.
View full message
Joseph L. Rufo
CFO and Vice President for Administration
VIEW/READ ALL COVID-19 UPDATES