An Update on ESF Undergraduate Orientation:
To ensure the safety of all of our campus community during these unprecedented times, ESF has made the decision to hold Orientation online.
Our goal for your Orientation program is to provide information to assist with your academic success, your social engagement, and connect you to a host of resources to help you transition successfully.
Please be patient with us as we want to provide the most helpful information as possible. We also recommend you connect with each other on the Facebook SUNY ESF Class of 2024 Page.
More details will be available on this website starting as they become available. Information will also be emailed to your SYR.EDU email so you know how to access this information.
The following components will be included in this Virtual Orientation with some content Asynchronous (Complete on Our Own) and other Content Synchronous (Live):
- Complete New Student To Do List found on the ESF Student Portal: http://banner.esf.edu/StudentSelfService
- Complete Online Orientation Modules via Blackboard: http://blackboard.syr.edu
- Attend Online Small Group Sessions with your assigned Orientation Leader on Blackboard
- Participate in Virtual Department Meetings and Course Registration to complete your Fall 2020 Schedule the week of August 17th
- Attend Virtual Welcome to ESF sessions on Friday, August 21.
- 1pm: New Student Convocation filmed on ESFTV: http://youtube.com/esftv Please join us for the annual and official kick off to your ESF College Career with your fellow new students - undergraduates, graduates on main campus and at our Ranger School campus. You will be welcomed by ESF Interim Provost, Dr. David Newman, Officer-in-Charge Joseph Rufo, Dean of Instruction and Graduate Studies Scott Shannon, Dean for Student affairs Dr. Anne Lombard, Undergraduate Student Association President Lexi Chipules and Graduate Student Association President Chris Thomas, as well as a few other key faculty, staff, and students of ESF.
- 2 pm: There's More to My Story via Zoom Link: "There’s More to My Story" is an orientation program consisting of a diverse group of current students offering first-person accounts of their initial experiences and feelings in the diverse community at ESF. Student speakers will present for 5-7 minutes. Using reflective, informative, personal narrative, speakers will be able to focus upon some of their challenges and the resources or methods they utilized to overcome them. Stories and experiences can focus on topics such as gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, military status, economic status, or whatever topic students would like to share their experiences about.
- 4pm: Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception via Zoom Link: Please join us for the annual Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception! This reception is held every semester to welcome to ESF new students and employees who self-identify as being underrepresented at ESF or in STEM fields. This includes international community members, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, people of various faith traditions, and more! This reception is open, and aims to celebrate those who are not always celebrated by dominant culture in the US.