Connecting with Mac OSX
Use the OSX Finder to Connect
- Open the Finder (click on desktop or square, blue and gray happy face icon)
- Choose "Connect to Server' in the "Go" menu.
- Enter the following string...
... except use your folder name instead of "/foldername/". NOTE: If appropriate, continue your folder string through to the highest level sub-folder you edit, e.g., /efb/courses/efb999/
You should now be able to cut and paste or drag and drop files to and from the server.
Connecting with Mac OSX using Cyberduck
For many years it was impossible to upload files from a Mac to the web server, and this was the solution. It is unclear whether Cyberduck is still an important solution for some users, but you can download a free copy here:
- Download Cyberduck (free)
To connect (see panel image below):
- Click on "Open Connection" icon.
- Choose "SFTP" from dropdown menu
- For Server name, enter "www-2.esf.edu" (NOTE: it's www-2, not www)
- Enter your esf.edu username and password, using the esfadmin\username format (backslash \, not frontslash /.
- Under More Options, for directory information, type in the full path of the folder you wish to access using this format:
"/foldername/" would be replaced by your folder string. (NOTE: If appropriate, continue the string through to the highest level sub-folder you edit, e.g., /efb/courses/efb999/
- Connect. You can treat the resulting file list as though it was a file list in a Finder window (drag and drop works, though cut and pasting of folders may not).
Usernames and Passwords
Faculty & Staff:
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: esfadmin\username
(NOTE: use \ not / , username same as esf.edu email, i.e., email@example.com)
- PASSWORD: same as esf.edu email/webmail (NOT faculty/staff login password)
- DOMAIN\USERNAME: www\username
(NOTE: \ not / , username same as syr.edu email, i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PASSWORD: same as syr.edu email/webmail
- Faculty & Staff Portal
- MyESF (for Students, Undergraduate Applicants and Parents)
- MySlice (Course Registration)
- Bookweb (textbooks)
- Graduate Applicant Portal
- Accepted Graduate Student Portal
- Personal Web Profiles (Graduate Public information Manager)
- Public information systems log-in (all public data systems, including news, events, room reservation (ESF Spaces), Faculty Public Information Manager)
- ESFgo App
Contact us at email@example.com or drop by 123 Bray.