Uploading Documents with Contribute
The following tutorials will show you how to add and link documents (DOC, PDF, PPT, Excel, etc.) to your website using Contribute:
First time User?
Contact the web office:
123 Bray, 4858, firstname.lastname@example.org
Setting Up and Connecting
Once your folder access permissions are set by the web office and Contribute is installed on your computer, you need to use a connection 'wizard' to configure Contribute to access your web files:
First, launch Contribute (quit and launch again if it is already open). Don't click on an existing connection!
To open the wizard, choose whatever version of 'create new connection' or 'new website connection' you see — one of these two options:
- Use the "Create Connection" option that appears in button at the top left corner of the app window, OR
- Choose "Website Connection" in the window of Site Connections that appears when you launch the app.
Connection 'Wizard' Steps
1) In answer to "What is the web address (URL) of your website?", use https:// , not http:// . Examples of a total address would be: https://www.esf.edu/housing/ or https://www.esf.edu/students/service/
2) In answer to "How do you connect to your web server?" choose: Secure FTP (SFTP)
3) In answer to "What is the name of your SFTP server, type: www-2.esf.edu
Your SFTP username and password are your usual esf.edu email/webmail username and password.
— SKIP THE "SUBVERSION" WINDOW (if you see it).
— IF YOU GET A QUERY ABOUT REMOVING ADMIN SETTINGS, DO IT. You'll check a checkbox, click a button, then confirm with a 'yes' in a dialog box.
Contact the web office if you need any help — 315-470-4858, email@example.com.