SUNY-ESF Celebrates Earth Week
College community plans events to mark Earth Week
SUNY-ESF will celebrate Earth Week with a variety of events from April 20-28 including a science fair for students in the Syracuse City School District and a Campus Day of Service.
The event schedule is as follows:
Saturday, April 20
- NYPIRG Earth Day Event at Thorden Park 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 21
- American Water Resources Association (AWRA) Meadowbrook Cleanup, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, contact Pauline Thorndike via e-mail at P_thorndike@hotmail.com.
- BMC Green Lakes Park Beautification and Picnic, 11-4. Leave at 11 am from behind Moon.
Monday, April 22
- American Red Cross Blood Drive in Alumni Lounge, Marshall Hall, 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Panel Discussion on Future of the Tropics, Illick Hall, 4 p.m.
Tuesday, April 23
- Creative Minds Earth Day play, Marshall Hall Auditorium, 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 24
- 7th and 8th grade science fair for students in the Syracuse City School District, Alumni Lounge, Marshall Hall, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Discussion on Environmental and Social Justice, Moon Library Conference Room, 7:30 p.m. Sponsored by the Baobab Society.
Thursday, April 25
- Oceania Movie, Marshall Hall Auditorium, sponsored by Student Environmental Activism Coalition (SEAC), 4 p.m.
Sunday, April 28
- Campus Day of Service from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Members of the ESF community will volunteer in five locations in Onondaga County:
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church, Syracuse: cleaning up after a church event.
- Rescue Mission: preparing and serving lunch
- Carpenters Brook Fish Hatchery: sorting fish
- Onondaga Lake Park: cleaning up the park
- Oakwood Cemetery: cleaning up cemetery.
ESF is a specialized college of the State University of New York. The college was founded in 1911. ESF offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in chemistry, construction management and wood products engineering, environmental and forest biology, environmental resources and forest engineering, environmental studies, forest resources management, landscape architecture, and paper science engineering.