ESF Springs into ActionCampus Day of Community Service
SYRACUSE, N.Y. The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) celebrates the arrival of spring with a Campus Day of Community Service on Saturday, April 1.
ESF’s Office of Student Activities coordinates this annual event in which faculty, staff, students and alumni come together to reach out and provide assistance to local agencies.
Volunteers will work at the following locations: The Rescue Mission, Carpenters Brook Fish Hatchery, Sarah House, Samaritan Center, trail maintenance project at Ed Smith School, neighborhood clean-up near Meadowbrook Retention Basin Area and The Refugee Resettlement Center.
Volunteers will meet at 10 a.m. in the Bray Hall Rotunda where they will divide into groups to go to the various work locations. Return to campus is expected around mid-afternoon.
For more information, contact Leah Flynn, assistant director of student activities, at 470-6658.
###Release No. 56, March 29, 2006
Recent ESF News
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210