2005-2006 Annual Fund: Fourth Consecutive Record Year
Donors contribute more than $330,000
With the support of ESF alumni, parents, students, faculty, and staff, along with help from corporations, organizations and friends, the ESF Annual Fund achieved another record-breaking year during 2005-2006. A generous community of individuals and corporations contributed $332,617 to help ESF with its mission of giving the leaders of tomorrow the skills and knowledge they need to build a better world.
The ESF community knows what feeds ESF’s success: an excellent educational environment, new knowledge and technology, a supportive atmosphere for students, and service to our communities through ideas and actions that help improve the natural world.
With the release of ESF’s strategic plan, Vision 2020, in the fall of 2003, the college set a path to ensure student success and renew its commitment to being the best “college of the environment” in the world. During 2005-2006, individuals and organizations demonstrated their strong support for an ESF education through increased support of the Annual Fund. These gifts help make certain that ESF can continue to expand on its rich history and continue to grow into a bright future.
The average Annual Fund gift was more than $100, which reflected close to a 13 percent increase over the 2004-2005 campaign, and the total dollars raised reflected a substantial 7 percent increase over last year’s record amount. In addition to these great gains, the 1911 Society’s members’ average gift increased by an incredible 15 percent.
Through the ESF Annual Fund, ESF alumni and friends promote the college, attract and retain the best and the brightest students, and make a positive impact on the future. Together, we really can change the world. Thank you for your support.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210