SUNY-ESF Ranks Among Nation's Best Universities
U.S. News & World Report, 2007
SYRACUSE, N.Y. The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) has, for the sixth year in a row, earned a place among the top universities in America, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
ESF is tied at 46 in the list of top 50 public national universities, and 98 in the category of best national universities, which includes both public and private institutions.
In the "Great Schools, Great Prices," category, ESF is ranked 43.
One of the key criteria in judging schools is the proportion of classes with fewer than 20 students. In that category, ESF was ranked fifth in the nation, in a tie with Yale University.
Dr. Robert C. French, ESF vice president for Enrollment Management and Marketing, said the selective nature of the national universities category puts ESF in good company.
"The national universities category places us among the best known universities in the country and reflects our academic quality and reputation among our peer institutions," French said. We are delighted that we compare favorably with this outstanding group of institutions.
According to U.S. News & World Report, the national universities category contains the 248 American universities (162 public and 82 private) that offer a wide range of undergraduate majors as well as master's and doctoral degrees.
ESF President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., pointed to the "Great Schools, Great Prices," ranking as evidence of the value of an ESF education.
"We're pleased to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report, especially the best value ranking. In that regard, we continue to enhance the value for our students and their parents."
Release No. 3
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210