ESF's 'We Bleed Green' Contingent Supports Neil Murphy as Parade Grand Marshal
St. Patrick's Day Parade, Syracuse, 2007
ESF President Cornelius B. 'Neil' Murphy, Jr., led hundreds of marchers through downtown Syracuse March 17 in the city’s annual St. Patrick’s Parade.
Murphy, sporting a top hat and shillelagh, was accompanied by his wife, Joanne, and members of his family.
Scores of ESF students and staff members also participated, marching behind a banner that stated, "We Bleed Green." They repeated the theme on their T shirts and on thousands of "window cling" stickers that were distributed to the crowd.
Behind them was ESF's environmentally friendly bio-diesel bus, decorated with posters telling the story of the college's pioneering work in education, research and service related to the environment. In keeping with the parade’s theme of "Irish Trailblazers," the posters told the story of ESF's "firsts," including the first program in paper science, the first course in urban wildlife, and the first carbonate fuel cell in New York.
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
- ESF Joins SUNY Puerto Rico Task Force
- Dr. Myron Mitchell Appointed to EPA Advisory Committee
- ESF, SU Celebrate Darwin’s Birthday with ‘Collecting Evolution’
- Smile! You’re On Canid Camera
- ESF, SU Announce Partnerships with Initial Focus on Water and Environment
- ESF Enhances Institutionalization of Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210