ESF's 'We Bleed Green' Contingent Supports Neil Murphy as Parade Grand Marshal
St. Patrick's Day Parade, Syracuse, 2007
ESF President Cornelius B. 'Neil' Murphy, Jr., led hundreds of marchers through downtown Syracuse March 17 in the city’s annual St. Patrick’s Parade.
Murphy, sporting a top hat and shillelagh, was accompanied by his wife, Joanne, and members of his family.
Scores of ESF students and staff members also participated, marching behind a banner that stated, "We Bleed Green." They repeated the theme on their T shirts and on thousands of "window cling" stickers that were distributed to the crowd.
Behind them was ESF's environmentally friendly bio-diesel bus, decorated with posters telling the story of the college's pioneering work in education, research and service related to the environment. In keeping with the parade’s theme of "Irish Trailblazers," the posters told the story of ESF's "firsts," including the first program in paper science, the first course in urban wildlife, and the first carbonate fuel cell in New York.
More ESF News
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210