ESF's 'We Bleed Green' Contingent Supports Neil Murphy as Parade Grand Marshal
St. Patrick's Day Parade, Syracuse, 2007
ESF President Cornelius B. 'Neil' Murphy, Jr., led hundreds of marchers through downtown Syracuse March 17 in the city’s annual St. Patrick’s Parade.
Murphy, sporting a top hat and shillelagh, was accompanied by his wife, Joanne, and members of his family.
Scores of ESF students and staff members also participated, marching behind a banner that stated, "We Bleed Green." They repeated the theme on their T shirts and on thousands of "window cling" stickers that were distributed to the crowd.
Behind them was ESF's environmentally friendly bio-diesel bus, decorated with posters telling the story of the college's pioneering work in education, research and service related to the environment. In keeping with the parade’s theme of "Irish Trailblazers," the posters told the story of ESF's "firsts," including the first program in paper science, the first course in urban wildlife, and the first carbonate fuel cell in New York.
- ESF Students Place Second in SU ‘Impact Prize’ Competition
- ESF Researcher, Ph.D. Candidate Attend First Bioeconomy Conference
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210