1911 Society Members Lead the 2006-2007 Annual Fund to Another Record Year
Donors contribute more than $345,000
Engaging the support of more than 3,080 individuals and corporations, the 2006-2007 ESF Annual Fund “Made a World of Difference” by raising more than $345,000. These gifts help ensure that ESF can continue to grow beyond the confines of state funding and that students and faculty can in turn positively impact the world community.
The Annual Fund’s success was led by the 1911 Society, named for the year of ESF’s founding. Its members are those who have given an annual unrestricted gift of at least $1,911 to the ESF Annual Fund. During the past year, membership in the 1911 Society increased by 25 percent, from 32 members to 40. 1911 Society members contributed more than $100,000 to the Annual Fund, or almost 30 percent of all dollars raised, with an average gift of more than $2,500.
But these were not the only outstanding numbers for the Annual Fund.
The commitment of all donors continues to set records. The average Annual Fund gift of more than $100 reflects close to a 13 percent increase over the 2005-2006 campaign. Moreover, the total sum raised reflects a substantial 7 percent increase over last year’s amount. In 2006-2007, the Annual Fund raised $347,460, which marks a 4 percent increase over the previous year’s total; the average Annual Fund gift of $112 reflects a substantial 8.6 percent increase over last year’s average gift.
Not only do Annual Fund gifts — from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends — allow ESF to continue in its mission of providing a high quality education at a reasonable cost, but they also help talented young people gain the skills and experience necessary to make a difference in the world. The Annual Fund provides direct assistance to students who will one day be working on some of the most pressing issues facing our society.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210