Soccer Teams Face Tough Squads from Albany
Women lose, men tie College of Pharmacy
The men's and women's soccer teams faced teams from the Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Sunday at Onondaga Community College and came away with a loss and a tie.
The women controlled possession much of the game and outshot Albany 15-6 but lost the game by a score of 3-1.
Freshman Bridget Cuddihy of Cambridge, N.Y., scored for the Mighty Oaks. Cuddihy is ranked second for goals scored in the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA).
The men played next in a physical game that ended 0-0 after regulation. The results are under review within the USCAA.
The Mighty Oaks played before more than 200 appreciative fans, including ESF mascot Oakie the Acorn, who made a special appearance.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210