Green Infrastructure Symposium Accepting Abstracts
Conference scheduled for Nov. 16, 17 in Syracuse
The Central New York Green Infrastructure Symposium, hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) and the Environmental Finance Center at Syracuse University (EFC), is accepting abstracts for presentation at the November event.
This conference, slated for Nov. 16 and 17 in Syracuse, will provide a focused discussion about advances in green infrastructure applications and regional workforce development. Experts and specialists from the local to the regional level will share their insights into the growth of green infrastructure (GI) and related workforce development, and discuss current opportunities and barriers in the field.
Abstracts will be accepted for oral presentations to be held Nov.17. Topics can include monitoring and maintenance, thoughtful design and construction, benefits and challenges to GI, porous product efficacy, effects on groundwater, health effects,plant and product selections, human and behavioral dimensions, financial feasibility, municipal water system implications, climate change mitigation, integrating GI into existing communities, GI and smart growth, historic preservation, economic development and community engagement.
Presentations will be allotted 20 minutes followed by five minutes for questions. Presentations will be bundled with complementary content into the same session to provide for better discussion. The one-page submission should include title, author(s), contact information, affiliation and abstract and should be emailed to Khris Dodson at email@example.com.
Please call Dodson with any questions or further information at 315-443-8818.
Abstracts are welcome any time but no later than 5 p.m., Friday, Oct.15. A confirmation email will be sent acknowledging receipt of the abstract.
The symposium, called Growing Green Infrastructure in New York State: Digging in and Getting Dirty, will be held 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 16 and 17 at the Sheraton Syracuse University Hotel and Conference Center, 801 University Ave., Syracuse.
For more information, visit www.esf.edu/outreach/gi/symposium/.
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
- 9 Reasons Why ESF Students Love Centennial Hall
- 18 ESF Student-athletes Earn Fall Honors
- Mighty Oaks Women Fall in National Soccer Tournament Final
- Malmsheimer Receives Sir William Schlich Memorial Award
- ESF Hosts Symposium on Divestment and ‘Just Transition’
- XC Men Repeat as Conference Champs; Women 2nd
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210