Significant Green Buildings Sought
Top 10 buildings to be included on commemorative poster
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is looking for significant green buildings in New York state.
To mark the 10th anniversary of the New York State Green Building Conference, organizers are asking members of the public to submit their choice for the most significant green buildings. The top 10 will be included on a commemorative "people's choice" poster that will be distributed at the conference.
Nominations should include information about:
- Significant aspects of the building regarding history, repurposing of material or facilities, public use, status as a landmark, creativity and functional use.
- How the structure is environmentally responsible and resource-efficient. This includes sustainable design; energy, water, and materials efficiency; enhanced indoor air quality; responsible operations and maintenance; and reduction of waste and toxins.
- How the design reduces the overall impact of the built environment on the natural environment.
Submissions can be made at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding by clicking on the question box.
The 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference will be March 29-30 at the Oncenter in Syracuse, N.Y. The conference is hosted by ESF in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
The conference is the forum for current green building research and development, best practices, discussions on green building science, and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals, and researchers.
For more information please contact Maura H. Stefl, program coordinator at email@example.com or 315-470-6889.
- Paper Engineering Boosts Student through Semester Abroad
- ESF Alumnus Begins Peace Corps Service
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Restoring Giant in Galapagos
- Dream Becomes Reality for ESF Senior
- Summer on the Farm
- Workshop Highlights Role of Citizen Science in Battling Microplastics
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- ESF Receives STARS Gold Rating For Sustainability Progress
- ESF No. 2 on Sierra Magazine’s ‘Cool Schools’ List for 2016
- Research Team Probes Health Effects of Onondaga Lakebed Sediment
- ESF among the Best, Princeton Review Says
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210