Dan Phillips to Speak at NYS Green Building Conference
Use of reclaimed, recycled materials key to Phillips’ work
Dan Phillips, an environmentally and socially conscious designer/builder, will be the plenary speaker for the 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference.
The conference, scheduled for March 29-30, at the Oncenter Complex in Syracuse, is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
Phillips is co-founder of the Phoenix Commotion, a housing initiative that uses reclaimed and recycled materials to build affordable residences for single parents, artists, and low-income families. His projects have been featured in People magazine and The New York Times, as well as on CBS, ABC, HGTV, CNN, PBS, TNN and the Discovery Channel. Phillips has received numerous awards including the 2003 Award for Most Innovative Housing Model Worldwide by the Institute for Social Invention in London.
The conference provides a forum for focused discussion of green building science, research and development, best practices, and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity for participants to network with other green building experts, professionals and researchers.
For more about Phillips, visit www.ted.com/speakers/dan_phillips.html
The full conference agenda can be viewed at: nysgreenbuilding.org with registration available at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/2012/register.htm.
More ESF News
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
- ESF Welcomes Camp Fire Professor of Wildlife Conservation
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210