Dan Phillips to Speak at NYS Green Building Conference
Use of reclaimed, recycled materials key to Phillips’ work
Dan Phillips, an environmentally and socially conscious designer/builder, will be the plenary speaker for the 10th Annual New York State Green Building Conference.
The conference, scheduled for March 29-30, at the Oncenter Complex in Syracuse, is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
Phillips is co-founder of the Phoenix Commotion, a housing initiative that uses reclaimed and recycled materials to build affordable residences for single parents, artists, and low-income families. His projects have been featured in People magazine and The New York Times, as well as on CBS, ABC, HGTV, CNN, PBS, TNN and the Discovery Channel. Phillips has received numerous awards including the 2003 Award for Most Innovative Housing Model Worldwide by the Institute for Social Invention in London.
The conference provides a forum for focused discussion of green building science, research and development, best practices, and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity for participants to network with other green building experts, professionals and researchers.
For more about Phillips, visit www.ted.com/speakers/dan_phillips.html
The full conference agenda can be viewed at: nysgreenbuilding.org with registration available at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/2012/register.htm.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210