SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Leadership, academic achievements recognized
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Colby Fisher of Endicott and David Andrews of Long Lake were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fisher is an environmental resources engineering major. He is the founder of the SUNY-ESF Student Chapter of the New York Water Environment Association, treasurer for the Environmental Resources Engineering Club and a member of the Provost's Student Advisory Council. He has received numerous scholarships and honors including the ERE Faculty and Alumni Award, Chesapeake Research Consortium Scholarship and ESF Presidential Scholars Award. He is also a member of Alpha Xi Sigma Honor Society, ESF's honor society; and Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity.
Andrews is an aquatics and fisheries science major. He is president of the Woodsmens Team, ESF's timber sports team; and a member of the Provost's Student Advisory Council and the Intercollegiate Athletics Board. He was a Cranberry Lake Biological Station Undergraduate Research Fellow and a member of the Boy Scouts of America. He was on the Dean's or President's List every semester from 2008 to 2012.
More ESF News
- ESF Students Join Efforts to Rebuild Puerto Rico
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2018
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210