SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
Leadership, academic achievements recognized
Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were honored with the Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence during an April ceremony in Albany.
Colby Fisher of Endicott and David Andrews of Long Lake were presented with their awards during a ceremony at the Empire State Convention Center, where they received framed certificates and medallions, which may be worn at commencement.
Chancellor Award honorees excel both in academic achievement and in at least one of the following areas: leadership, athletics, community service, creative and performing arts or career achievement.
Fisher is an environmental resources engineering major. He is the founder of the SUNY-ESF Student Chapter of the New York Water Environment Association, treasurer for the Environmental Resources Engineering Club and a member of the Provost's Student Advisory Council. He has received numerous scholarships and honors including the ERE Faculty and Alumni Award, Chesapeake Research Consortium Scholarship and ESF Presidential Scholars Award. He is also a member of Alpha Xi Sigma Honor Society, ESF's honor society; and Alpha Phi Omega Community Service Fraternity.
Andrews is an aquatics and fisheries science major. He is president of the Woodsmens Team, ESF's timber sports team; and a member of the Provost's Student Advisory Council and the Intercollegiate Athletics Board. He was a Cranberry Lake Biological Station Undergraduate Research Fellow and a member of the Boy Scouts of America. He was on the Dean's or President's List every semester from 2008 to 2012.
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210