Men, Women Split Soccer Games with Onondaga Community College
'King of the Hill Cup' returns to ESF
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team kicked off its season with a resounding 4-1 win over Onondaga Community College Friday evening, Aug. 30, giving ESF possession of the King of the Hill Cup for the next year. The ESF women lost a close game, outshooting the Lazers but coming up short by one goal.
The men's game was scoreless at halftime but the Mighty Oaks kept their focus and came out determined after halftime, scoring their first goal ten minutes into the second half. The goals were scored by freshman Dan McGraw, sophomore Dillon Buchberg, senior Adrian Wiegman and junior Ross Volpe. Junior Kyle Siegel contributed to the offensive effort with three assists.
Mighty Oaks Coach Dan Ramin said the team benefitted from strong defensive play by senior Tim McNaney , junior Ben Bednarski, freshman Rob Hamm, junior Adam Scalisi and senior Steven Tyrrell. Sophomore goalkeeper Mike Walczyk had six saves.
The Mighty Oaks women outshot the Lazers 15-4 for the Queen of the Hill Cup but lost the game with a final score of 2-1. The ESF team dominated possession but managed only one goal by sophomore Bridget Cuddihy. Junior goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi made four saves.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210