Thursday, May 23, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
- Dr. Thomas Amidon Honored as ESF Exemplary Researcher
- Three ESF Employees Honored with Chancellorís Awards
Cross Country: Men Third, Women Fifth at Cortland
Callahan, Zeimer lead Mighty Oaks runners
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's cross-country teams traveled to SUNY Cortland to run in the Jack Daniels Shoot Out invitational race Sept. 22, with the men finishing third out of nine teams and the women finishing fifth out of nine.
A perennial powerhouse from NCAA Division III, SUNY Cortland, was the overall team winner in both the men's and women's races.
The ESF leader for the men was Timmy Callahan who placed ninth overall. Other scoring runners included Brian Busby, 15th; Stephen Slonosky, 17th; Taylor Yerrick, 20th; Jeremy Driscoll , 25th; Jacob Wolfgong, 35th; and Andrew Gritzmacher, 38th.
Ethan Washburn, Peter LeDuc, Jon Cleveland, Malcolm Moncheur, Matt Deluca, Caleb Rudge, Kai Crannell, Collin Bartholomew, Ben Butryn, Taylor Dellarocco, Nathan Sleight, Joe Gerchman and Matt Allen ran for ESF as well.
Running and scoring for the ESF Women were Cambria Ziemer, 40th; Danielle Kaveney, 43rd; Emily Martin, 54th; Jenny Frank, 55th; Kristen Campbell, 60th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 62nd; Casey Cole, 66th; and Cara Keogh, 68th.
Liz Bourguet, Bridget Bromm, Mikayla Bittner, Amber Antonison, Lauren Alteio, Kristin Pasquino, Aileen Gray, Meghan Brooks and Leanne Mastrandrea also ran for the ESF women.
The next cross-country race is Saturday, Sept. 29th, at the Cazenovia College Invitational. The race will be held at the Cazenovia College Equestrian Center off Route 92.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15