Cross Country: Men Third, Women Fifth at Cortland
Callahan, Zeimer lead Mighty Oaks runners
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's cross-country teams traveled to SUNY Cortland to run in the Jack Daniels Shoot Out invitational race Sept. 22, with the men finishing third out of nine teams and the women finishing fifth out of nine.
A perennial powerhouse from NCAA Division III, SUNY Cortland, was the overall team winner in both the men's and women's races.
The ESF leader for the men was Timmy Callahan who placed ninth overall. Other scoring runners included Brian Busby, 15th; Stephen Slonosky, 17th; Taylor Yerrick, 20th; Jeremy Driscoll , 25th; Jacob Wolfgong, 35th; and Andrew Gritzmacher, 38th.
Ethan Washburn, Peter LeDuc, Jon Cleveland, Malcolm Moncheur, Matt Deluca, Caleb Rudge, Kai Crannell, Collin Bartholomew, Ben Butryn, Taylor Dellarocco, Nathan Sleight, Joe Gerchman and Matt Allen ran for ESF as well.
Running and scoring for the ESF Women were Cambria Ziemer, 40th; Danielle Kaveney, 43rd; Emily Martin, 54th; Jenny Frank, 55th; Kristen Campbell, 60th; Danielle Zgardzinski, 62nd; Casey Cole, 66th; and Cara Keogh, 68th.
Liz Bourguet, Bridget Bromm, Mikayla Bittner, Amber Antonison, Lauren Alteio, Kristin Pasquino, Aileen Gray, Meghan Brooks and Leanne Mastrandrea also ran for the ESF women.
The next cross-country race is Saturday, Sept. 29th, at the Cazenovia College Invitational. The race will be held at the Cazenovia College Equestrian Center off Route 92.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210