Saturday, May 25, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
- Loon Race, Guide Boat Celebrate Summer at Newcomb Campus
- High-tech, Remote-controlled Vessels Gather Data in Lake Ontario
- And They're Off: Graduates Move on to New Lives
- Honoree Sets Path for Grads to Improve Their World
Cross-country Men Second, Women Fourth at CCOC Meet
Both races feature competition among 17 teams
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's cross-country teams made their way to Seneca Lake State Park Oct. 13 to compete in the annual Cross Country Only Colleges Championship Race hosted by William Smith College.
The men took on 173 runners from 17 schools in the 8K race, finishing second behind the team from Clarkson.
Scoring runners for the ESF men were Timmy Callahan, fifth; Stephen Slonosky, ninth; Taylor Yerrick, 12th; Andy Gritzmacher, 25th; Jacob Wolfgong, 27th; Jeremy Driscoll, 28th; Kai Crannell, 33rd; Ethan Washburn, 34th; and Malcolm Moncheur, 35th.
Also competing for ESF were Jon Cleveland, 39th; Caleb Rudge, 42nd; Peter LeDuc, 43rd; Collin Bartholomew, 49th; Matt DeLuca, 54th; Ben Butryn, 72nd; James McKenna, 78th; Taylor Dellarocco, 87th; Matt Glaub, 91st; Nathan Sleight, 117th; Matt Allen, 152nd; and Joe Gerchman, 163rd.
The women ran well, placing fourth overall out of 144 runners from17 schools. The leaders for the ESF women were Danielle Kaveney and Danielle Zgardzinski who finished a second apart, placing 20th and 21st respectively.
Also running for the Mighty Oaks were Emily Martin, 23rd; Kristin Campbell, 24th; Casey Cole, 27th; Radka Yang, 32nd; Cara Keogh, 33rd; Jenny Frank, 41st; Liz Bourguet, 56th; Amber Antonison, 66th; Mikayla Bittner, 90th; and Kristin Pasquino, 95th.
The Mighty Oaks will host a "friendly fun" race at 9:30 a.m. this Saturday, Oct. 20, in Thornden Park against Onondaga Community College, and Bryant & Stratton College. Then they will begin their quest to win the USCAA National Championship at Lake Placid, N.Y., Nov. 9.
- By Audrey Hart SU '15