Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Go 3-0 on Busy Weekend
Trip to New York City brings two victories for men, one for women
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a big weekend as they faced off against Berkeley College Oct. 20 and Bryn Athyn College Oct. 21, winning both games by solid margins.
During a weekend trip to New York City, SUNY-ESF beat Berkeley College 4-1 Saturday. Dillon Buchberg had two goals, and Ryan Craig and Kyle Bardwell each had one. Goalkeepers Mike Walcyzk and Adam Belkadi each had two saves. The team came back out Sunday to play Bryn Athyn and won 5-0. Buchberg, Bardwell, Pat Alcott, Eli Widey, and Nick Hlat each had one goal. Kyle Siegel, Dan Arseneau, and Buchberg each had one assist as well. Walcyzk and Belkadi each had three saves in Sunday's game.
Assistant Coach Eamon Case said after the games that it was "great to see solid balance and team play this weekend. Everyone took a bite out of the [Big] Apple."
The Mighty Oaks women had a successful outing as well, beating Sarah Lawrence College 8-0 on Saturday. Goals were scored by Kelsey Taylor, Sue Fassler, Drew Gamils, Jess Straub, Jess Savo, Mo Bishop, and Bridgit Cuddihy, who had two. Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had three and two saves respectively.
- Syracuse CoE Invites Proposals for Seed Projects in Environmental, Energy Systems
- Renowned Alumnus to Deliver Chemistry Centennial Lecture
- ESF Professor Co-authors Declaration to Support Indigenous Science
- ESF Joins Earth Day Teach-In on National Mall
- ERE Major Builds Lengthy Resume at ESF
- ESF Students Win StoryFest Competition
- Life at ESF Lures Student from San Francisco
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- Oakie Wins!
- Spotlight Shines on Student Research
- SUNY Honors ESF Student Excellence
- ESF Commits to Bee-Friendly Campus
- Student from Nepal Finds Her Niche at ESF
- The Little Acorn that Could
- Maureen Mahle Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210