Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- ESF Faculty, Students Participate in Ecological Economics Summit
- Economic Development Project Focuses on ESF Willow Project
- ESF Partners in $15M NYSUNY 2020 Challenge Grant
- ESF Receives Prestigious Climate Leadership Award
- ESF, Upstate Receive Technology Accelerator Award
- ESF College Foundation Honors Miller for Teaching Achievement
- Fabius-Pompey HEROS Science Club Partners with ESF
- ESF Cheers for Student Athletes
- ESF Alumnus Inducted into NGA Hall of Fame
- Germain's Research Focuses on Working Forests
- ESF Student Named Scholar Athlete
- College Begins Expansion of Centennial Hall
Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Go 3-0 on Busy Weekend
Trip to New York City brings two victories for men, one for women
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a big weekend as they faced off against Berkeley College Oct. 20 and Bryn Athyn College Oct. 21, winning both games by solid margins.
During a weekend trip to New York City, SUNY-ESF beat Berkeley College 4-1 Saturday. Dillon Buchberg had two goals, and Ryan Craig and Kyle Bardwell each had one. Goalkeepers Mike Walcyzk and Adam Belkadi each had two saves. The team came back out Sunday to play Bryn Athyn and won 5-0. Buchberg, Bardwell, Pat Alcott, Eli Widey, and Nick Hlat each had one goal. Kyle Siegel, Dan Arseneau, and Buchberg each had one assist as well. Walcyzk and Belkadi each had three saves in Sunday's game.
Assistant Coach Eamon Case said after the games that it was "great to see solid balance and team play this weekend. Everyone took a bite out of the [Big] Apple."
The Mighty Oaks women had a successful outing as well, beating Sarah Lawrence College 8-0 on Saturday. Goals were scored by Kelsey Taylor, Sue Fassler, Drew Gamils, Jess Straub, Jess Savo, Mo Bishop, and Bridgit Cuddihy, who had two. Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had three and two saves respectively.