Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Go 3-0 on Busy Weekend
Trip to New York City brings two victories for men, one for women
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a big weekend as they faced off against Berkeley College Oct. 20 and Bryn Athyn College Oct. 21, winning both games by solid margins.
During a weekend trip to New York City, SUNY-ESF beat Berkeley College 4-1 Saturday. Dillon Buchberg had two goals, and Ryan Craig and Kyle Bardwell each had one. Goalkeepers Mike Walcyzk and Adam Belkadi each had two saves. The team came back out Sunday to play Bryn Athyn and won 5-0. Buchberg, Bardwell, Pat Alcott, Eli Widey, and Nick Hlat each had one goal. Kyle Siegel, Dan Arseneau, and Buchberg each had one assist as well. Walcyzk and Belkadi each had three saves in Sunday's game.
Assistant Coach Eamon Case said after the games that it was "great to see solid balance and team play this weekend. Everyone took a bite out of the [Big] Apple."
The Mighty Oaks women had a successful outing as well, beating Sarah Lawrence College 8-0 on Saturday. Goals were scored by Kelsey Taylor, Sue Fassler, Drew Gamils, Jess Straub, Jess Savo, Mo Bishop, and Bridgit Cuddihy, who had two. Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had three and two saves respectively.
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210