Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Go 3-0 on Busy Weekend
Trip to New York City brings two victories for men, one for women
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a big weekend as they faced off against Berkeley College Oct. 20 and Bryn Athyn College Oct. 21, winning both games by solid margins.
During a weekend trip to New York City, SUNY-ESF beat Berkeley College 4-1 Saturday. Dillon Buchberg had two goals, and Ryan Craig and Kyle Bardwell each had one. Goalkeepers Mike Walcyzk and Adam Belkadi each had two saves. The team came back out Sunday to play Bryn Athyn and won 5-0. Buchberg, Bardwell, Pat Alcott, Eli Widey, and Nick Hlat each had one goal. Kyle Siegel, Dan Arseneau, and Buchberg each had one assist as well. Walcyzk and Belkadi each had three saves in Sunday's game.
Assistant Coach Eamon Case said after the games that it was "great to see solid balance and team play this weekend. Everyone took a bite out of the [Big] Apple."
The Mighty Oaks women had a successful outing as well, beating Sarah Lawrence College 8-0 on Saturday. Goals were scored by Kelsey Taylor, Sue Fassler, Drew Gamils, Jess Straub, Jess Savo, Mo Bishop, and Bridgit Cuddihy, who had two. Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had three and two saves respectively.
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210