Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams Go 3-0 on Busy Weekend
Trip to New York City brings two victories for men, one for women
The Mighty Oaks men's soccer team had a big weekend as they faced off against Berkeley College Oct. 20 and Bryn Athyn College Oct. 21, winning both games by solid margins.
During a weekend trip to New York City, SUNY-ESF beat Berkeley College 4-1 Saturday. Dillon Buchberg had two goals, and Ryan Craig and Kyle Bardwell each had one. Goalkeepers Mike Walcyzk and Adam Belkadi each had two saves. The team came back out Sunday to play Bryn Athyn and won 5-0. Buchberg, Bardwell, Pat Alcott, Eli Widey, and Nick Hlat each had one goal. Kyle Siegel, Dan Arseneau, and Buchberg each had one assist as well. Walcyzk and Belkadi each had three saves in Sunday's game.
Assistant Coach Eamon Case said after the games that it was "great to see solid balance and team play this weekend. Everyone took a bite out of the [Big] Apple."
The Mighty Oaks women had a successful outing as well, beating Sarah Lawrence College 8-0 on Saturday. Goals were scored by Kelsey Taylor, Sue Fassler, Drew Gamils, Jess Straub, Jess Savo, Mo Bishop, and Bridgit Cuddihy, who had two. Goalkeepers Olivia Gagliardi and Nicole Madden had three and two saves respectively.
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-LeMoyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
- Walk on the Wild Side
- USA President Focuses on Building Relationships
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210