Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Subscribe (News reader required)
- EPA Awards $345,000 to Protect Wetlands in New York
- Rosen Fellowships Take ESF Students into the Field
- Powell Named Forest Biotechnologist of the Year
- ESF Students Score with SU Quidditch Team
- ESF Celebrates December Convocation
Nominations Sought for Green Building Advocate of the Year
Award to be presented at 11th annual conference
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is seeking nominations for the 2013 New York State Green Building Advocate of the Year award.
The award will be presented during the Green Building Conference March 11-12 in Syracuse.
Anyone who is nominated should be:
· An individual actively involved in the field of green building, green construction or sustainable building either in a professional or volunteer capacity.
· An individual who embodies the ideals of using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource efficient in all stages of the building process.
· A person who is prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the environment.
Those who wish to nominate an individual for the award should visit the Green Building conference website at www.esf.edu/greenbuilding/ . Nominees from New York state are highly encouraged. Only submissions with the author's name and affiliation will be considered. A list of past recipients' profiles is also available on the website.
Nominations must be received by Feb. 8.
The NYS Green Building Conference will be held March 11-12 at the Gateway Center on the ESF campus and at the Oncenter in Syracuse, N.Y. The conference is hosted by ESF in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter.
The conference is a forum for current green building research and development, best practices, discussions on green building science and operation and maintenance, as well as an opportunity to network with other green building experts, professionals, and researchers.
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210