Diane Brandli Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
Dedication to improving interior environment honored
Diane Brandli was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2013 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented to an individual actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Brandli is a New York state-certified interior designer and a Leadership in Environmental Energy and Design-accredited professional with over 30 years of experience, including four LEED-certified projects. As the owner of dbdesign, a New York state-certified Women's Business Enterprise, she consults on commercial projects both as a sustainability and interior design consultant.
For more than nine years she served as director of interior design at Ashley McGraw Architects with a focus on school districts, higher education and municipal clients; many of those projects have received design awards.
She is an adjunct professor at Syracuse University with the School of Visual and Performing Arts Interior Design Program, and Onondaga Community College in the Architecture & Interior Design Program. She is also an interior design instructor at OCM BOCES and an instructor for the ESF Outreach BEST Practices Workshop on Sustainable Design.
Her volunteer commitment includes service as a past president of the Upstate New York and Canada East Chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers. She currently serves as the green schools committee chair for the USGBC New York Upstate Chapter. She is a founding member and current president of GreeningUSA, a local grass-roots organization dedicated to advocating for sustainable communities. In addition, she has served as an active member of the advisory council for New York State Green Building Conference for the past seven years.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210