Trailhead Café Debuts ‘Big Neil’ Burger
New gathering spot formally opens
The Trailhead Cafe on the campus of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) formally opened for business March 26 with the unveiling of a burger named after the college president.
The "Big Neil" burger, borrowing a nickname affectionately bestowed upon President Cornelius B. Murphy, Jr., by the student body, consists of a house-made beef patty topped with bacon, fresh grilled pineapple, Swiss cheese, Russian dressing, and sauteed red and green peppers and onions, all on a burger bun.
The cafe is a collaborative venture between ESF and Morrisville State College. The eatery will be operated by the Morrisville Auxiliary Corporation (MAC) through a new ESF Auxiliary Services division. MAC currently operates five food service locations on the SUNY Morrisville campus.
"This partnership is really the essence of shared services," Murphy said during the grand opening ceremony. "In this setting it's just spectacular. And I have to share this: I've eaten here. The food is good."
Morrisville Interim President William J. Murabito, who joined Murphy for the event, said the cafe would have been good news to his friend, the late Dr. Harry Payne '50, who was a longtime faculty member and dean of students at ESF. "He would have thought it's a good thing because it's for the students," Murabito said.
The Trailhead Cafe will be open from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. It supports New York state producers, growers and manufacturers by purchasing many products within the state. The work force includes about 20 ESF students.
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210