ESF Alumni Honored by ASLA
Hibbard, Clements named fellows
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) elevated two alumni of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) to the ASLA Council of Fellows for 2013.
ASLA members Joseph Hibbard '69 and Terry Clements '85 are being recognized for their contributions to the landscape architecture profession and society at large.
Hibbard, landscape architect at Sasaki Associates in Watertown, Mass., was nominated by the Boston ASLA chapter for his work in campus planning and design. Hibbard's work includes campus planning and design projects that range from large public universities to private liberal arts institutions. He has worked on more than 60 campus plans in the United States and Japan and upholds a consistent philosophy that the local sense of place is the foundation for campus form.
He received bachelor's and master's degrees in landscape architecture from ESF.
Clements, associate professor of landscape architecture at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va., received her nomination in the service category from the Virginia ASLA chapter. Clements serves as role model for engagement and has advanced the profession through her service within academia, through all levels of the ASLA since she was a student, on international boards and for school accreditation and professional licensure in Virginia. She worked to include green infrastructure, health, and sustainability in the development of the Virginia Outdoor Plan and, throughout her career, has been an advocate for women in landscape architecture. She received her bachelor's degree from ESF.
Fellowship is among the highest honors the ASLA bestows on members and recognizes the contributions of these individuals to their profession and society at large based on their works, leadership and management, knowledge and service.
The 2013 class of new fellows will be recognized at the 2013 ASLA Annual Meeting & Expo, Nov. 15-18 in Boston.
Recent ESF News
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Professor Appointed to International Board on Lake Ontario
- Society of American Foresters Plays Key Role in Student’s ESF Experience
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by SUNY Chancellor
- SUNY Board of Trustees Appoints Interim President of ESF
- ESF Student Wins at COINS Grand Challenge
- ESF Students Return from Puerto Rico
- AEC’s McNulty Named President of OBFS
- Former ESF Cross Country Coach Inducted into USCAA Hall of Fame
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210