ESF Alumni Honored by ASLA
Hibbard, Clements named fellows
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) elevated two alumni of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) to the ASLA Council of Fellows for 2013.
ASLA members Joseph Hibbard '69 and Terry Clements '85 are being recognized for their contributions to the landscape architecture profession and society at large.
Hibbard, landscape architect at Sasaki Associates in Watertown, Mass., was nominated by the Boston ASLA chapter for his work in campus planning and design. Hibbard's work includes campus planning and design projects that range from large public universities to private liberal arts institutions. He has worked on more than 60 campus plans in the United States and Japan and upholds a consistent philosophy that the local sense of place is the foundation for campus form.
He received bachelor's and master's degrees in landscape architecture from ESF.
Clements, associate professor of landscape architecture at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va., received her nomination in the service category from the Virginia ASLA chapter. Clements serves as role model for engagement and has advanced the profession through her service within academia, through all levels of the ASLA since she was a student, on international boards and for school accreditation and professional licensure in Virginia. She worked to include green infrastructure, health, and sustainability in the development of the Virginia Outdoor Plan and, throughout her career, has been an advocate for women in landscape architecture. She received her bachelor's degree from ESF.
Fellowship is among the highest honors the ASLA bestows on members and recognizes the contributions of these individuals to their profession and society at large based on their works, leadership and management, knowledge and service.
The 2013 class of new fellows will be recognized at the 2013 ASLA Annual Meeting & Expo, Nov. 15-18 in Boston.
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellor’s Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
- ESF Hosts Photo Exhibit of Migratory Birds along Onondaga Lake
- Study Examines Conditions for Growing Young Chestnuts
- Cultural Education
- AIC’s Artists-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Scientists Honored for Study on Improving Odds for Bats' Survival
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
- Earth Day Event Focuses on Environmental Justice
- Spirit and Essence Banquet Highlights Diversity Week
- Oakie Acorn Falters in Mascot Madness
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210