ESF Alumni Honored by ASLA
Hibbard, Clements named fellows
The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) elevated two alumni of the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) to the ASLA Council of Fellows for 2013.
ASLA members Joseph Hibbard '69 and Terry Clements '85 are being recognized for their contributions to the landscape architecture profession and society at large.
Hibbard, landscape architect at Sasaki Associates in Watertown, Mass., was nominated by the Boston ASLA chapter for his work in campus planning and design. Hibbard's work includes campus planning and design projects that range from large public universities to private liberal arts institutions. He has worked on more than 60 campus plans in the United States and Japan and upholds a consistent philosophy that the local sense of place is the foundation for campus form.
He received bachelor's and master's degrees in landscape architecture from ESF.
Clements, associate professor of landscape architecture at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Va., received her nomination in the service category from the Virginia ASLA chapter. Clements serves as role model for engagement and has advanced the profession through her service within academia, through all levels of the ASLA since she was a student, on international boards and for school accreditation and professional licensure in Virginia. She worked to include green infrastructure, health, and sustainability in the development of the Virginia Outdoor Plan and, throughout her career, has been an advocate for women in landscape architecture. She received her bachelor's degree from ESF.
Fellowship is among the highest honors the ASLA bestows on members and recognizes the contributions of these individuals to their profession and society at large based on their works, leadership and management, knowledge and service.
The 2013 class of new fellows will be recognized at the 2013 ASLA Annual Meeting & Expo, Nov. 15-18 in Boston.
More ESF News
- Mortarboards Fly and Students Become Alumni
- ESF Announces Career Fellows for 2018
- ESF Students Named SUNY Scholar-Athletes
- 14 ESF Students Set for Volunteer Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ESF Honors Conservation Scientist Eleanor J. Sterling
- Researchers Find Whole Genome Duplication Has Occurred Many Times during Evolution of Insects
- Chemistry Graduate Student Wins Award
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210