Mighty Oaks Top Delhi in Soccer
Women's team wins third in a row
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's soccer teams traveled to Delhi, N.Y., Sept. 8 to take on the SUNY-Delhi Broncos and came away with two victories.
Freshman Heather Carl led the Mighty Oaks women with four goals in the 7-1 ESF victory. Sophomore Greta Garvey tallied two goals while junior Teagan Dolan added her first for ESF. The Mighty Oaks women are now 3-0 on the season.
The men's team won an exciting 3-1 game after a scoreless first half. Senior Ross Volpe had back-to-back goals in the 57th and 64th minutes to start the action for ESF. SUNY Delhi tried to make a comeback but was stopped by a couple of saves from Adam Belkadi, who was supported by stellar defense. Junior Kyle Bardwell sealed the victory with the final goal.
The two victories came the day after the Mighty Oaks men lost a hard-fought game against Berkeley College of New York, 2-0, Saturday.
ESF soccer action continues next weekend on Sept. 14 as the teams take on Thruway rival Albany College of Pharmacy and Heath Sciences. The games will be at the campus of Onondaga Community College. The women play at 6 p.m. and the men at 8 p.m. Students can ride to the game via the Mighty Oaks charter bus for fans. Pickup will be at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. at Centennial Hall and the bus will return to the residence hall after each match.
By Audrey Hart, SU '15
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210