Smardon Appointed Great Lakes Basin Advisory Council Chair
ESF professor has served on council since 1989
Dr. Richard C. Smardon, ESF professor of environmental studies, has been appointed chair of the New York State Great Lakes Basin Advisory Council (GLBAC) by New York Gov. David Patterson. Smardon has been a member of the council since 1989 as a governor's appointment for research.
The role of the New York State Great Lakes Basin Advisory Council is to advise the governor and legislature on Great Lakes policy issues. Currently, the GLBAC is conducting workshops around the state on the Great Lakes Compact, which will regulate all major Great Lakes out-of-basin water transfers. The state has to develop an implementation plan, so the council is collecting reactions to a series of white papers.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210