ESF Professor Honored By National Organization
Dr. Peter Black cited by American Institute of Hydrology
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) Professor Peter E. Black will receive the prestigious Ray K. Linsley Award for outstanding contributions in surface water hydrology during the annual water symposium of the American Institute of Hydrology, to be held Aug. 30 through Sept. 2, 2009, in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Dr. Black is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Water and Related Land Resources, Emeritus, who has taught and conducted research at SUNY-ESF since 1965. He has taught courses and conducted environmental impact analyses across the United States and internationally in China, Chile, Spain, Nepal, and Australia, among others.
Since 'retirement' in 2000, Dr. Black continues to lecture and conduct workshops. He serves on the Skaneateles Lake Watershed Agricultural Program, New York City Watershed Agricultural Program, New York State Soil and Water Conservation Committee, and several other local, state, and national advisory committees.
In 2006, Dr. Black launched his radio career with a weekly, two-minute essay titled "Water Drops," celebrating the wonder of water in culture, law, history, policy, hydrology, and science, airing on NPR affiliate WRVO FM and available at As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Sculptor as Artist-in-residence
- Secret Lives of Amazonian Fishes Revealed by Chemicals Stored in Their Ear-stones
- ESF Landscape Architecture Students Receive ASLA Honors
- Student's Project Dishes Up Food to Those in Need
- Dr. Stewart Diemont Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. Stephen Stehman Named ESF Exemplary Researcher
- ESF Student Finalist for Olmsted Scholar Award
- 2016 Adirondack BioBlitz Kicks Off in the St. Lawrence Valley
- ESF Graduate Joins Teach for America
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ‘Amazing Experience’ with Animals Leads to Career Goal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210