ESF Professor Honored By National Organization
Dr. Peter Black cited by American Institute of Hydrology
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) Professor Peter E. Black will receive the prestigious Ray K. Linsley Award for outstanding contributions in surface water hydrology during the annual water symposium of the American Institute of Hydrology, to be held Aug. 30 through Sept. 2, 2009, in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Dr. Black is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Water and Related Land Resources, Emeritus, who has taught and conducted research at SUNY-ESF since 1965. He has taught courses and conducted environmental impact analyses across the United States and internationally in China, Chile, Spain, Nepal, and Australia, among others.
Since 'retirement' in 2000, Dr. Black continues to lecture and conduct workshops. He serves on the Skaneateles Lake Watershed Agricultural Program, New York City Watershed Agricultural Program, New York State Soil and Water Conservation Committee, and several other local, state, and national advisory committees.
In 2006, Dr. Black launched his radio career with a weekly, two-minute essay titled "Water Drops," celebrating the wonder of water in culture, law, history, policy, hydrology, and science, airing on NPR affiliate WRVO FM and available at As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- Oakie Acorn Receives Mascot Madness Trophy
- ESF Students Celebrate Arbor Day
- ESF Earns ‘Tree Campus’ Distinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210