ESF Professor Honored By National Organization
Dr. Peter Black cited by American Institute of Hydrology
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (SUNY-ESF) Professor Peter E. Black will receive the prestigious Ray K. Linsley Award for outstanding contributions in surface water hydrology during the annual water symposium of the American Institute of Hydrology, to be held Aug. 30 through Sept. 2, 2009, in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Dr. Black is Distinguished Teaching Professor of Water and Related Land Resources, Emeritus, who has taught and conducted research at SUNY-ESF since 1965. He has taught courses and conducted environmental impact analyses across the United States and internationally in China, Chile, Spain, Nepal, and Australia, among others.
Since 'retirement' in 2000, Dr. Black continues to lecture and conduct workshops. He serves on the Skaneateles Lake Watershed Agricultural Program, New York City Watershed Agricultural Program, New York State Soil and Water Conservation Committee, and several other local, state, and national advisory committees.
In 2006, Dr. Black launched his radio career with a weekly, two-minute essay titled "Water Drops," celebrating the wonder of water in culture, law, history, policy, hydrology, and science, airing on NPR affiliate WRVO FM and available at As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
As the 2009 Ray K. Lindsey Award winner, Dr. Black will speak during the symposium's luncheon meeting, offering his perspective on the practice of hydrology and the future needs of the profession.
- Oakie Flies into Final Four
- Oakie Continues to Dance in Mascot Madness
- ESF Professor’s Book Wins Harold and Margaret Sprout Award
- Oakie Advances to Round 2 in SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- ESF-Le Moyne Class Focuses on Environmental Ethics
- ESF Joins Partners to Create Climate-Resilient Forest on Tug Hill
- ESF’s Oakie the Acorn Enters SUNY’s Mascot Madness
- Travis Lecture Focuses on Role of Coyote in Northeastern Forests
- ESF Nordic Skier Competes in World University Games
- Academics, Athletics, Affordability Lure Soccer Captain to ESF
- Daily Adventures Mark Trip to South America
- Student from Italy Finds Motivation at ESF
- Diverse Backgrounds Help 2 Grads Connect with Prospective Students
- Ryan Caldwell Earns First Team All-American Honors
- Mighty American Chestnut Poised for Return to America’s Forests
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210