Gold Medal Goes To Donald Leopold
NYSNLA awards 2009 George L. Good gold medal
Each year, the NYSNLA George L. Good Gold Medal Committee makes its recommendation to the NYSNLA Board of Directors as to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to horticulture in the State of New York. "Dr. Leopold has made significant contributions to New York's horticulture through his teachings at SUNY‐ESF and through his many years of promoting the use of northeastern US native trees, shrubs, perennials and grasses," comments A. Martin Petrovic, Ph.D. (Department of Horticulture, Cornell University), NYSNLA Gold Medal Committee Chair. "The industry and gardening public has been afforded many trusted publications authored by Dr. Leopold including his comprehensive, best‐selling book Native Plants of the Northeast: A Guide for Gardening & Conservation (D.J. Leopold, Timber Press, Portland, OR)."
Also honored was ESF alumnus, David F. Linehan of Glens Falls, N.Y., who earned a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture in 1975. Linehan was named the Certified Nursery Landscape Professional of the Year.
- Darwin Celebrated in Moon Library
- Urban Design Experts to Speak at Green Building Conference
- ESF Alum Honored by White House
- ESF One of Princeton Review's "Colleges That Pay You Back"
- Former ESF President Whaley Honored by NY Bar Association
- ESF Junior Honored as 'Unsung Hero'
- ‘Jet’ Lewis Builds Busy Life as ESF Sophomore
- Tigers Could Roam Again in Central Asia, Scientists Say
- ESF Chemistry Professor Appointed VP for Research
- ESF Alumnus Wins Award for Sustainable Dog Treats
- Dedication to Environment Brings Student to ESF from Mexico
- ESF December Graduates Join Alumni Ranks
- AASHE Recognizes ESF for Sustainability Innovations
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Teamwork Gets Soccer Players Volunteering for Food Recovery
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210