ESF Professor Honored By Purdue University
Dr. Donald Leopold receives distinguished alumni award
SYRACUSE - Dr. Donald Leopold, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), has been honored by Purdue University.
Leopold received the College of Agriculture's Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award for 2014. The award is made to alumni with a record of outstanding accomplishment, significant contributions to profession and society and demonstration of high potential for professional growth.
Leopold, who received his Ph.D. from Purdue in 1984, is a Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of ESF's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
Leopold has produced six books, more than 60 publications in refereed journals and 12 publications in proceedings describing numerous factors that influence ecological processes within northeastern forests.
Under his direction, more than 60 graduate students have completed their theses or dissertations, and he has served as principal or co-principal investigator on grants amounting to more than $30 million to support his research program.
"He is recognized as a distinguished teacher through his dedication to teaching both undergraduate and graduate students while advancing our scientific understanding of ecological processes within forests and wetlands of the northeastern United States," said his nominator, Rob Swihart, head of the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue.
- N.Y. Lieutenant Governor Joins ESF Leaders for Lab Openings
- Syracuse Poster Project on Display at Moon Library
- ESF Welcomes Strong Class for Fall 2016
- Alumna's Career Changes But Environmental Focus Remains
- Yoga Peaks Revitalizes Mind and Body
- DEC Accepts Great South Woods Report For Planning Review
- Alumna Launches Career with Saws and Llamas
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- SRC Fellowship Supports Student in Battle against Mosquitoes
- ESF among SUNY Leaders in Support for Minority-, Women-owned Businesses
- Great Lakes Research Consortium Awards Three Grants
- ESF Integrates Indigenous Knowledge into New Graduate Program
- Feinstone Environmental Awards Honor Women in Science
- Loon Race Celebrates Summer at Newcomb Campus
- ESF Monitors Waters of Sodus Bay
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210