ESF Professor Honored By Purdue University
Dr. Donald Leopold receives distinguished alumni award
SYRACUSE - Dr. Donald Leopold, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), has been honored by Purdue University.
Leopold received the College of Agriculture's Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award for 2014. The award is made to alumni with a record of outstanding accomplishment, significant contributions to profession and society and demonstration of high potential for professional growth.
Leopold, who received his Ph.D. from Purdue in 1984, is a Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of ESF's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
Leopold has produced six books, more than 60 publications in refereed journals and 12 publications in proceedings describing numerous factors that influence ecological processes within northeastern forests.
Under his direction, more than 60 graduate students have completed their theses or dissertations, and he has served as principal or co-principal investigator on grants amounting to more than $30 million to support his research program.
"He is recognized as a distinguished teacher through his dedication to teaching both undergraduate and graduate students while advancing our scientific understanding of ecological processes within forests and wetlands of the northeastern United States," said his nominator, Rob Swihart, head of the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue.
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
- ESF to Divest from Fossil Fuel Investments
- Dr. Neil Murphy Receives USGBC Leadership Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210