ESF Professor Honored By Purdue University
Dr. Donald Leopold receives distinguished alumni award
SYRACUSE - Dr. Donald Leopold, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), has been honored by Purdue University.
Leopold received the College of Agriculture's Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award for 2014. The award is made to alumni with a record of outstanding accomplishment, significant contributions to profession and society and demonstration of high potential for professional growth.
Leopold, who received his Ph.D. from Purdue in 1984, is a Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of ESF's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
Leopold has produced six books, more than 60 publications in refereed journals and 12 publications in proceedings describing numerous factors that influence ecological processes within northeastern forests.
Under his direction, more than 60 graduate students have completed their theses or dissertations, and he has served as principal or co-principal investigator on grants amounting to more than $30 million to support his research program.
"He is recognized as a distinguished teacher through his dedication to teaching both undergraduate and graduate students while advancing our scientific understanding of ecological processes within forests and wetlands of the northeastern United States," said his nominator, Rob Swihart, head of the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue.
- ESF President Joins U.S. Leaders : 'We Are Still In’ on Paris Agreement
- Mighty Oaks Welcome a New Coach
- SUNY Ranks among Top 100 Worldwide for Patents Granted in 2016
- Philosopher’s Camp Returns to Newcomb Campus
- Students Recognize Contributions of Faculty, Staff
- Martin Hogue Receives Teaching Award
- Dr. John Farrell Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Staff, Faculty Honored by Chancellor
- Syracuse City Schools to take ESF’s Environmental Challenge
- Jorge Guarin Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2017
- Dr. Nosa Egiebor Joins ESF as Provost, Executive VP
- Class of '17 Joins ESF Alumni Ranks
- Cultural and Natural Sustainability Come Together in New AIC Program
- Chemistry Student Wins Award
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210