ESF Professor Honored By Purdue University
Dr. Donald Leopold receives distinguished alumni award
SYRACUSE - Dr. Donald Leopold, a professor at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), has been honored by Purdue University.
Leopold received the College of Agriculture's Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award for 2014. The award is made to alumni with a record of outstanding accomplishment, significant contributions to profession and society and demonstration of high potential for professional growth.
Leopold, who received his Ph.D. from Purdue in 1984, is a Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of ESF's Department of Environmental and Forest Biology.
Leopold has produced six books, more than 60 publications in refereed journals and 12 publications in proceedings describing numerous factors that influence ecological processes within northeastern forests.
Under his direction, more than 60 graduate students have completed their theses or dissertations, and he has served as principal or co-principal investigator on grants amounting to more than $30 million to support his research program.
"He is recognized as a distinguished teacher through his dedication to teaching both undergraduate and graduate students while advancing our scientific understanding of ecological processes within forests and wetlands of the northeastern United States," said his nominator, Rob Swihart, head of the Department of Forestry and Natural Resources at Purdue.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210