Bogucz Honored as Green Building Advocate
CoE director receives award during NY State Green Building Conference
Dr. Edward Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (Syracuse CoE), was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2014 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented by the conference advisory council to an individual who is actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Bogucz received the award Friday, March 28, during the 12th annual conference. The conference is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter and the Syracuse CoE.
Bogucz served as dean of engineering and computer science at Syracuse University, and has teaching and research expertise in fluid dynamics, energy systems, computational methods and multidisciplinary design.
He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University; his master's degree in heat transfer engineering from Imperial College, University of London; and his doctorate in mechanical engineering from Lehigh.
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
- ‘Extinct’ Floreana Tortoise Species Could Return to Galapagos
- U.S. News Ranks ESF among the Best
- LA, EFB Students Delve Into Harriet Tubman’s History
- MLA Student Receives ASLA Honors
- ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
- Forbes Ranks ESF Among Nation’s Top Colleges
- Annual Value of Trees? $500 Million Per Megacity, Study Says
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- Sierra Club Puts ESF among Nation’s Top ‘Cool Schools’
- NSF Grant Funds ESF Ecologist’s Gypsy Moth Research
- ESF Listed among Princeton Review’s Best 382 Colleges for 2018
- Prevention is Key to Fighting Lyme Disease
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210