Bogucz Honored as Green Building Advocate
CoE director receives award during NY State Green Building Conference
Dr. Edward Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (Syracuse CoE), was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2014 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented by the conference advisory council to an individual who is actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Bogucz received the award Friday, March 28, during the 12th annual conference. The conference is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter and the Syracuse CoE.
Bogucz served as dean of engineering and computer science at Syracuse University, and has teaching and research expertise in fluid dynamics, energy systems, computational methods and multidisciplinary design.
He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University; his master's degree in heat transfer engineering from Imperial College, University of London; and his doctorate in mechanical engineering from Lehigh.
- ESF Lists Top 10 New Species for 2016
- Advice for Graduates: Stay United, 'Enjoy Your Wisdom'
- NYSERDA Launches Climate Change Science Clearinghouse
- Heather Carl Named SUNY Scholar-Athlete
- ESF Announces Commencement Weekend Activities
- ĎAmazing Experienceí with Animals Leads to Career Goal
- On the Menu: Woodcock and Ďa Ton of Venisoní
- CNY Girls Summit Career Conference Comes to ESF
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester Program
- Millions of Native Orchids Flourish at Former Mining Waste Site
- Two ESF Students Earn SUNY Chancellorís Award
- ESF Students Share Tips to a Greener Life
- ESF Celebrates Earth Week
- Ian Shapiro Named Green Building Advocate of the Year
- Closed-Loop Art: Woodburner Uses Material at Hand
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210