Bogucz Honored as Green Building Advocate
CoE director receives award during NY State Green Building Conference
Dr. Edward Bogucz, executive director of the Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems (Syracuse CoE), was honored as Green Building Advocate of the Year during the 2014 New York State Green Building Conference held in Syracuse.
The award is presented by the conference advisory council to an individual who is actively involved in green building and its supporting disciplines, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, and prominent in promoting the need to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on humans and the natural environment.
Bogucz received the award Friday, March 28, during the 12th annual conference. The conference is hosted by the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry in partnership with the U.S. Green Building Council New York Upstate Chapter and the Syracuse CoE.
Bogucz served as dean of engineering and computer science at Syracuse University, and has teaching and research expertise in fluid dynamics, energy systems, computational methods and multidisciplinary design.
He earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Lehigh University; his master's degree in heat transfer engineering from Imperial College, University of London; and his doctorate in mechanical engineering from Lehigh.
- ESF Celebrates Darwin Day Feb. 17
- ESF Students Offer Love Letter to the Earth
- The Cheer Fun of It
- Ph.D. Student Appointed to Federal Advisory Panel
- Study Cross-Links Pollution Extremes to Race, Socio-Economic Status
- ESF Participates in SUNY Training for University Police
- New Honor for the Chancellor: A Namesake Beetle
- Basketball Team Wins Back-to-back Games
- 2,000 Water Samples = One Busy Chemistry Lab
- Endreny Receives Fulbright Award as Distinguished Chair in Italy
- $190,000 SUNY Award Supports ESF Online Education
- ESF Confers Degrees upon December Graduates
- NSF Funds $1.12M for Transmission Electron Microscope at ESF
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Students Launch Online Literary Journal
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210