Women's Team Earns #2 Seed for USCAA Soccer National Championship
Mighty Oaks face winner of 7-10 game
The ESF women's soccer team will travel to Charleston, W. Va., as the #2-seeded team in the 2014 USCAA Soccer National Championship. The women will play Nov. 6 against the winner of the #7 (Christendom College) and #10 (Bryant & Stratton - Syracuse) game.
The Mighty Oaks finished the season with a 12-1 record. Their only loss came at the hands of #1 seed University of Maine - Fort Kent, 3-2, in overtime. The Mighty Oaks are led by senior Bridget Cuddihy with 17 goals and sophomore goal keeper Kiki Hilmer who boasts a .887 save percentage and 4 shutouts.
"We had a great season, I am really excited about being the number 2 seed. It was a real pleasure playing with our seniors this year. I hope we can come back from West Virigina with a championship," said Hilmer.
Fans can Follow the women's soccer team throughout the tournament at esfathletics.com as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
- ESF Professor Receives National Forestry Award
- Nature and Health Come Together at Syracuse VA Medical Center
- Mighty Oaks Athletes Earn Honors
- USCAA National Championships Recap
- Mighty Oaks Compete in Conference Tournaments
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Hosts Inaugural SUNY Leaders Sustainability Summit
- AIC’s Artist-in-Residence to Be Featured in ESF Show
- Princeton Review Again Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation’s ‘Green Colleges’
- SUNY, W.K. Kellogg Foundation Announce Grant for Sustainable Village and Learning Community in Haiti
- ‘Moonlighting’ Focuses on E.O. Wilson’s Half-Earth Project
- ESF Golfers Take to Links in Players Championship
- Newcomb Campus Hosts Artist in Residence
- Soccer Teams Win Big on Senior Day
- Snails Bred in ESF Lab Help Species Crawl Back from Brink of Extinction
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210