Women's Team Earns #2 Seed for USCAA Soccer National Championship
Mighty Oaks face winner of 7-10 game
The ESF women's soccer team will travel to Charleston, W. Va., as the #2-seeded team in the 2014 USCAA Soccer National Championship. The women will play Nov. 6 against the winner of the #7 (Christendom College) and #10 (Bryant & Stratton - Syracuse) game.
The Mighty Oaks finished the season with a 12-1 record. Their only loss came at the hands of #1 seed University of Maine - Fort Kent, 3-2, in overtime. The Mighty Oaks are led by senior Bridget Cuddihy with 17 goals and sophomore goal keeper Kiki Hilmer who boasts a .887 save percentage and 4 shutouts.
"We had a great season, I am really excited about being the number 2 seed. It was a real pleasure playing with our seniors this year. I hope we can come back from West Virigina with a championship," said Hilmer.
Fans can Follow the women's soccer team throughout the tournament at esfathletics.com as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
- What Species Is Most Fit for Life? All Have an Equal Chance, Scientists Say
- The Ocean Is Losing Its Breath
- Governor Unveils Plan to Protect N.Y. Lakes from Harmful Algal Blooms
- Acorns to Action Strives to Help Victims of Natural Disasters
- Synthetic Protein Could Be Key in Battle against Disease
- Hurricanes Hit, so Ph.D. Candidate Gets to Work in Puerto Rico
- ESF Student Part of First-Place Team in Hult Prize Competition
- Zachary Smith's Commencement Speech
- Commencement Celebrates 'Stumpies...Because We Care'
- ESF Alumna Named Schwarzman Scholar
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- ESF Discovery Could Advance Cancer Research
- Senior Accomplishes Goal: ‘Publish in a Journal’
- ESF Students Participate in SEA Semester Program
- ESF President Joins NY Botanical Garden as ‘Distinguished Counsellor’
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210