Women's Team Earns #2 Seed for USCAA Soccer National Championship
Mighty Oaks face winner of 7-10 game
The ESF women's soccer team will travel to Charleston, W. Va., as the #2-seeded team in the 2014 USCAA Soccer National Championship. The women will play Nov. 6 against the winner of the #7 (Christendom College) and #10 (Bryant & Stratton - Syracuse) game.
The Mighty Oaks finished the season with a 12-1 record. Their only loss came at the hands of #1 seed University of Maine - Fort Kent, 3-2, in overtime. The Mighty Oaks are led by senior Bridget Cuddihy with 17 goals and sophomore goal keeper Kiki Hilmer who boasts a .887 save percentage and 4 shutouts.
"We had a great season, I am really excited about being the number 2 seed. It was a real pleasure playing with our seniors this year. I hope we can come back from West Virigina with a championship," said Hilmer.
Fans can Follow the women's soccer team throughout the tournament at esfathletics.com as well as on Facebook and Twitter.
- Nomura Group Recognized for Top Article
- Hello, Mr. President — About the Environment…
- ESF Team among Finalists for $2.5M Canals Competition
- Two ESF Students Honored with Chancellor's Award
- 3 ESF Students among Winners at SU RvD iPrize Competition
- 4 ESF Students Honored as Storyfest 2018 Finalists
- Student-Athletes Honored at Annual Banquet
- Army Touches Down at Ranger School for Training Mission
- ESF Professor's New Book Looks at What Makes Something 'Alive'
- Ducks Unlimited Lists ESF among 'Sweet 16' Collegiate Chapters
- Trees Cope with Harsh Conditions, Surprising Researchers
- ERE Professor Focuses Sabbatical on GIS Technology
- Dr. Jack Manno, Cindy Squillace Honored with Racial Justice Award
- Mighty Oaks Hoops Play at the Dome
- ESF Celebrates Darwin and Wallace Feb. 15
Office of Communications
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210